2. Trying to be friendly

Two
_

Baekhyun hopped off the bus, headphones covering his ears to help keep them warm as he listened to some music.

His stomach grumbled as he made his way to the school cafeteria to grab something for breakfast.

As he waited in line and stared at the menu trying to figure out what to get, a voice spoke up from beside him. 

"Can't decide?" Baekhyun jumped as he turned his head to see Junmyeon, a friend of his. "Junmyeon.. What are you doing here?"

Baekhyun mumbled as he turned to look back up at the menu. "Well, I finished checking up on Yixing. I thought i'd come check on you as well." The boy smiled as he glanced at Baekhyun before looking back at the menu.

"Oh, how is Yixing doing?" Baekhyun mumbled. "He's good. He seems happier, he's going to get married soon." Junmyeon mumbled, a smile on his face.

"Really?" Baekhyun asked, glancing at Junmyeon to read his expression. Even though Baekhyun sees a smile, he knew Junmyeon missed Yixing.

Soon after he ordered, Baekhyun received his meal and walked over to an empty table, junmyeon right behind him.

"So, I've saw you and that boy yesterday... What was his name? Chanyeol?" Junmyeon smiled as he sat across from him.

"Yeah, what about him?" Baekhyun asked, taking a bite from the blueberry muffin. 

"I think he likes you." Junmyeon smirked, sitting back in the wooden chair. "Ya, are you crazy!?" He exclaimed a bit too loudly, earning people's stares.

The boy just gave everyone an apologetic smile, blushing as he stared down at the table.

"He's talking to himself again, what a weirdo." "Shh he might hear you!" He turned to see the two girls whispering to each other.

Baekhyun bit his lip as he sat back in his seat. "Ignore them Baek, go on and eat. Your class starts soon." Junmyeon got Baekhyun's attention away from the two girls. 

Baekhyun nodded, placing his headphones over his ears before he continued to eat silently. 

He looked up when he saw someone sit across from him, but next to Junmyeon, out the corner of his eye.

"Yes?" He asked as he took off his headphones. "Morning, I thought I would join you." Chanyeol smiled as he took a bite from his breakfast sandwich.

"Oh." Baekhyun simply answered, taking a sip from his cup and turned back to stare out the window. "'Oh' that's all? How about good morning? Huh?" Junmyeon suggested, earning an eye roll from Baekhyun.

"Is something wrong?" Chanyeol asked after he saw Baekhyun roll his eyes.

"You seem to ask that every time." Baekhyun sighed as he turned to look at Chanyeol. "Well you always seem like something is bothering you every time, is it wrong to ask?"

"Maybe there is but that's for me to know, not you." Baekhyun stood up, grabbing his things.

"Wait, I'm just trying to be friendly." "Thanks but you can stop." Baekhyun slipped his bag over his shoulder and walked out, leaving Chanyeol to sit alone.

Chanyeol let out a sigh as he turned to the window to see Baekhyun walking off.

"Geez, are you always going to be cold like that?" 

"I want to be alone right so please leave." 

Junmyeon sighed. "You can't always be like this baek." Junmyeon gave him a pat on the shoulder before disappearing.

***

"Alright, that's it for today's lesson. I'll see you guys next time." The professor bowed before leaving the room.

Baekhyun placed his papers neatly in his binder before stuffing it in his bag and leaving the room.

He had an half hour before his next class started so, he decided to grab a water from one of the vending machines near his classroom. 

After putting the right amount of money inside, he pressed the water button but nothing happened.

Baekhyun stared at the machine with furrowed eyes. "What the hell.." He mumbled as he smacked the right side, hoping it'll fall out.

"Come on." He huffed as he kicked the thing. "Need help?" He turned to see Chanyeol chuckling at him.

Baekhyun just turned back to the machine and continued to get angry as he kicked it some more. 

"Here." Chanyeol gently pushed him aside.

He examined the machine before hitting it in the middle then on the side. A soft bang was heard as the water bottle had fell. 

Chanyeol took the water from the little slot, turning to Baekhyun and holding out the water bottle with a smile.

"Thanks." Baekhyun mumbled taking the water bottle from Chanyeol. "Do you have another class today?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun as he held onto the straps of his backpack. 

"Why do you want to know?" He raised his brow as he stared at the taller boy.

"Well maybe I could walk you there." "You don't even know your way around campus." Baekhyun scoffed as he took a drink from his water.

"Well then I could just walk with you." Chanyeol shrugged with a smile.

"Why?" 

"Because I like walking with you." Chanyeol took a step closer to Baekhyun.

"W-what? Why?" Baekhyun lightly blushed as Chanyeol leaned in, his face a few inches from baekhyun's. 

Baekhyun just softly pushed him back, making Chanyeol chuckle.

"I don't know.. I just do." Chanyeol shrugged, backing up from the blushing boy. 

"I-i have to go." Baekhyun stuttered, walking past Chanyeol and rushed to his class.

"See you later!" Chanyeol yelled out with a smile as he waved and watched Baekhyun.

~*~
I will now be publishing the chapters of this book. I still have writing to do so it'll be slow updates probably once a week or something. I'll be posting another chapter in a few minutes!!
Edited: 2/13/17