11. Flashbacks

Eleven
Warning; long chapter lmao
__

*Before the accident.*
Baekhyun age: 7

"Hyung! Can I please go!" Baekhyun pouted as he tugged on his older brothers arm. "Ask mom first."

Baekhyun quickly nodded before running into the kitchen. "Baek, no running." His mother spoke over her shoulder as she stirred some meat that was cooking in the pot.

"Mom! Can I go with hyung? Please!" Baekhyun pouted, linking his hands together as he begged. "Alright, just be very careful and stay by your brother." Baekhyun smiled widely before running to his brother.

"Hyung! She said yes!" Baekhyun cheered. "Okay, let's go!" Baekbeom smiled as he opened the front door and let his little brother out first.

The two hopped into the car and Baekbeom drove down the road to the grocery store. "I need you to hold onto this list okay? Don't lose it."

Baekhyun gave his brother a nod before slipping the piece of paper in his pocket. After arriving to the store, Baekhyun followed behind his brother through the aisles.

He read each item off the list as his brother placed the items in the cart. Once everything was checked off, the two made their way to the checkout line.

"Hyung! Can we get ice cream after?" Baekhyun asked, helping Baekbeom place the items on the check out stand.

"Sure, we'll just put everything in the car first." Baekhyun nodded, smiling widely.

After paying and having everything bagged, the two made their way out of the store.

"Look hyung, we can get ice cream from there!" Baekhyun tugged on his brothers arm, pointing to the parlor just a few stores down. 

"Oh, okay. You want to go save us a table?" Baekhyun nodded, the wide smile still on his lips. 

Baekbeom placed the bags in his right hand on the floor and pulled out his wallet, handing Baekhyun a twenty dollar bill. 

"Go ahead and order for us too, I'll be right behind you." 

"Thank you hyung!" Baekhyun quickly rushed off. 

"Be careful Baek!" 

Baekhyun smiled at the crisp twenty before placing it in his pocket. Just as the boy was about to open the door, he couldn't help but hear a cat cry out.

He turned to see where the cry was coming from and found the poor cat laying in the street looking at him as it cried. 

He looked over his shoulder to see if Baekbeom was coming but he saw no sight of him.

Baekhyun walked over to the crying cat and kneeled down. "Are you hurt?" Baekhyun asked as he gently pet the cat's head. The cat purred as it closed its eyes.

The cat sat up, staring at Baekhyun before meowing and running off. 

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed. 

Was he not hurt?

"Baekhyun!" 

He looked up to see Baekbeom rushing towards him, one hand held out in front of him.