Claws

Violet' s dress above

"Violet?Violet , come on, yeah that's it , open your eyes ", Denise's voice is heard above me .

I slowly open my eyes , blinking rapidly because of the brightness of the room.

"Yeah that's it , here - some water ", she coaxs softly , patting my arm and reaches to the table next to my bed and hands me water.

"Thank you ", I whispers hoarsely , and grab the glass cup from her hand and drink the water ,and settle it down after I have relieved my sore throat.

For the first time waking up I feel a cold breeze on my bare stomach , I hastily put the covers over my chest when I realize that I'm just in my undergarments , Denise sees my blush and shakes her head and smiles softly at me.

"I had to remove your dress , don't worry , it was just me ", she shakes her head in reassurance.

"What- what happened ?", I asked , trying to recall coming in the room last night , but I was unable to .

"Eduardo, found you in the garden before you passed out , thankfully if he hadn't you would've been out there in the cold.", Denise tells me.

I stilled when I remembered , last nights events and the sin I had committed. I scurried back from Denise , my head bumping into the headboard of the bed.

"Denise I -I ", I whimpered softly at her shaking my head .And looked away from her , biting my lip, as I tried to restrain it from trembling.

"Ey , Violet , stop. Look at me , Violet!", Denise yelled , grabbing my face softly and made me face her again .

"You need stop , being hard on yourself every time you kill someone. Yes , it's awful and soul destroying but you can't escape the truth , you can never undo what you've done ,no matter how much you beg and cry . You have to move on, because when it comes down to it we both know , this isn't the last time your going to do this...", Denise told me, looking into my eyes.

I looked at her , and I tried to erase the memory and feelings away but I knew it was inevitable. And she was right , I had to find a way for it not have such a hold on me , because I wouldn't be able to handle it , since it would most likely happen again ,before my year is up.

"Yeah - your right .But how can I prevent it to happen again?.", I whispered to her , and saw her eyes sadden.

"That's impossible- to control people to act a way you wa-", Denise's voice faded away as I catches something from her words .

'...control people...'

That's it !

"After all it's like controlling c-",Denise stopped talking when I hastily got up with the covers around me  , determined to fix the issue.

"What are you doing?", Denise asked , following me into the bathroom as I started to wash my face and begin grabbing my toothbrush  to brush my teeth.

"Do you want to look for my clothes ?", I asked her , wanting to not reveal my plans yet.

"Yes! A certain color ? Style ?", she asked eagerly.

"Black dress ", I said and turned around to start brushing my teeth while she went into the closet.

After I  had finished , I went to search for her and saw her looking at the section of the heels.

" Black heels ", I said , as I walked behind her to reach for the black dress she had set out for me. I went to the fitting room , and put on the black dress.