Chapter 13 (rewritten)

Kiara's Pov

"What if I needed my wife?" He asked. I don't know how to answer that. This following morning Liam was acting quite strange as if he was woke up with a determined mind. I don't know what he is thinking but by the looks of it, it is nothing good. I think I might just walk out on him again will it help?

He moved closer and closer to me. "tell me Kia what about me? Can I not have to privilege to have my wife by my side? Do I not have a right to hold you against me through the night? Tell me Kia, what is it that I have to do to get you as my wife?" He asked. Not treat me as my sister? How about that.

"Say angel, tell me whatever that you have in your mind." He touched my face. I remain at the place frozen all those awful memories gracing their presence in my mind little by little. "Don't touch me, Please" I mumbled.

His eyes twinkled with sadness. "I am sorry for whatever I have done. I was wrong I admit, but I am trying too, I need you to cooperate with me a little angel" He said.

I moved back rejecting his touch, his touch burns me. "You want to amend things between us?" He nodded. "Then you might as well let me live as I am now. You cannot return what you have taken away from me, you have taken my life, you have taken my love, you have taken my identity away and what I had left was my dignity you took it away too last night.

And the sad thing is you don't even know it was me. You cannot give me back those. You cannot mend me. No one can. Truth is I was always broken, but you Mr. Rhodes destroyed me."

I walked out of his cabin leaving him alone. He was still looking at me. I can feel his gaze on my back. But he too knows that not a word that I said was wrong. Not a word I said was false. He have taken too much away from me and he expects me to believe that everything will be alright? How can it be? It can never be alright.

I am just a shell of who I was . And I can never be that Kiara again, that Kiara Matthew left behind.

I walked home not feeling good. I know I am about to be sick it had been days since I talked to him properly. Since that day he barely maintain any contact with me. And I am happy that he does so. At least now I am content, I am happy. Yes I am and there is no doubt in that. I felt two arms hugging me. "Momma, I have made you picture in school" Michael said.

I looked at him and softly touched the mop of dark hairs on his head. He held his arms and I pick him up. I felt like I am going to faint. I don't know for how much time I can keep living this duel life. "Let's see what have you made me" I said softly to my son.

I walked inside his room and he showed me a picture. He had drawn quite well for a five year old. "Who is that?" I asked. "That's you mommy. I am happy that you love me now"

That sentence confused me love him now? But he had always been loved isn't he? "What do you mean?" I asked but till then he was already gone because he heard the front door open. I know it was him Liam, so I didn't bothered to walk out. I slowly walked towards my room holding the walls as I felt a faint spell coming.

I almost reached my room but my head started to spin. I almost fell down, almost because someone held me tightly. I know this touch and I am disgusted by it. "Careful" He said. "I am fine Mr. Rhodes" I said.

I stood a little further away from him. "Please don't come close to me, Please just leave me be Sir. I Feel disgusted by your touch." His eyes widen and he looked down. When he looked up his grey eyes showed anger. He walked out of the house leaving me alone with mu wayward thoughts.

I looked at the phone, he had bought for me few days ago. It was an apology for him, but for me it is a reminder of what had happened to me. I remember the real person within him, the monster. I can never forget those eyes ever again.