chapter 1(rewritten)

kiara's POV:
I knocked at the office door of my Boss. Matthew Effron. The dear boss of mine is making me dead tired. "Yes come in" he said so softly. "The files are done sir" I told him and he looked at me and smiled. Well that helps. 

"You know what I like about you Kia?" He asked signalling me to come closer. I walked closer to him and he patted on his lap for me to sit. I shied and sat holding his neck with my both hands. He tucked a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"You are a very hard worker and you don't get mad at your fiance for overworking you" He said. Then he kissed me softly on my temple. "Sorry Love I didn't knew you were this much tired. Shall we go home?" He asked. "Yes please" I said. He chuckled. "You are damn beautiful even when you are tired you know that?" He said making me smile. 

"Always a charmer Matt" I said and he kissed me softly. Yes I am fiance to Matthew Effron he just proposed me a week ago and I being me said yes to love of my life. Nothing can ever go wrong with this picture. But knowing me things tend to happen. Not good things. Bad things very bad things. 

"Ready to go home Love?" He asked. I nodded unable to form any words. I felt sleepy running in heels is not very ideal.  He picked me up bridal style and walked down towards his car. He put me in the seat and I was out like a feather.

I woke up alone in my bed. Matthew was not there. Where could he be this is third time this week. Don't he feel tired at all. I am kind of worried for him. I heard my phone ring again. It was the thing that woke me in the first place. I looked at the number and frowned. Not my most favorite person in the world but still she is my mother. 

"Mom? are you alright?" I asked."K..Kia Your sister...It's your sister"I heard her frantic voice and my father's consoling her. She was crying hysterically. My breath hitched in anticipation. The gut feeling was telling me something was definitely wrong. 

"Mom calm down what happen to Sam?" I asked. And I wished I hadn't because next I knew was the news that literally changed my life forever. "Kia your sister she... she met an accident and... and" She sobbed again. I didn't have hear another word to know what could have happened to her. 

I have to go home now. I need to be with my twin sister. "Mom what did that doctors said?" I asked. "Kia you must come here she had a brain injury they don't know what will happen yet. She is under surgery and they are trying to stabilize her" My father said. 

"I am coming home dad just the next available flight from here. I will be there" I said as I starting to threw all and everything I can get in a small bag. I cut the call and I called Matthew. He picked up after five rings. "You awake love? It's only three in morning. Are you missing me?" He asked. Typical Matthew.

"Matthew where are you?" I asked. "At office got to do some work Love" He said. "I need your help Matt" I said. "Well that's a new thing all I ever did was need your help babe. Tell me what can I do for you?" He asked. "I need a ticket for London One way ticket" I said. 

"Am I that bad that you need to run away from me?" He joked. But I was in no mood for it. "Matt it's Sam I need a ticket she was in an accident and..." My voice faltered. I cannot help it. I started to cry. "I will be there in five minutes Love" He said and line went dead. 

Soon I felt someone pick me up and held me in their arms. "Shhh... Don't cry Love. It will be alright she will be alright. She is your sister she would be strong like you. She is a fighter too." He said holding me tightly as I continued to sob in his arms. 

"Let's go we will go together" he said. "But you have a meeting tomorrow with an important client" I reminded. "I will reschedule it. You are important to me. You are my family." Matthew said. "It's OK Matthew I can go and you can attained that meeting and come later how about that?" I said. 

"Ok then I will be coming tomorrow no less than that and keep me informed." I nodded as he put on his coat over me. "I need to get dressed" I said. "Come on you will be leaving in my jet." He said. "But..." I protested. "No buts you will leave in it no less than that and don't protest it will be faster now come you don't want to be late" He said pulling me towards the car. 

He drove to the airport in complete silence. I wanted to reach there as soon as possible. I needed to know how she was. He stopped in front of the jet. He smiled at me sadly. "I was preparing it for our honeymoon but now it is a good time to use this previllege." He said. I walked inside the jet and he talked to the Pilot and Flight attendant. 

"All is good to go Love call me when you land ok?" He said kissing my temple. "I will thank you again for Matthew." I said. "You don't need to baby You are practically my other half." He said smiling as I boarded the plane. I watch him disappear beneath and I let myself drift in thoughts. 

If only I had been a good sister. If I only had stayed with her. But I wasn't. I thought I had time a lot of time with her but I was so wrong. I never even been to her wedding because of the grudge I held against my family. Nor I ever met her husband or her son Michael. I only saw their pictures. only that. 

I wish I could have been there to see it through her wedding her son's birth. I wish to change it all back now. I wish I could have. "Anything to drink mam?" She asked. "Gin and tonic if you have it" She nodded and gone to bring my drink as I let myself drift in my thoughts again. 

I was woken up by loud announcement. "Attention we will be landing in ten minutes please fasten your seat belts." 

The flight landed safely and first thing I did was  call Matthew as I already informed my mother about my arrival. "Hey Love reached?" he asked. "Yes I did" I said. "Good I was just about to wrap up and go to the meeting tell me how your sister is once you reach the hospital" He said. "I will do it have a good meeting and try not to piss client off" I said. He chuckled. 

"I love you I will see you soon Love" He said. "I love you too I miss you already." He shied and cut the call. I arrived at the entrance. Soon I was engulfed in hug by a little boy who was two years old. "Momma" He said hugging me. 

I picked him up and looked at him closely. He does look familiar. "I am not your mother child let's look for him shall we?" I said. "No you momma" he said again. I shied. Ok then Maybe I look like his mother. 

"Mike... Mike" I heard someone call. I look at me father. He quickly got down from my lap and ran to him. "Gran look momma" He said. Then I knew why he looks so familiar he is Michael. Samara and Liam's son. He smiled at the little guy with said eyes. 

"Mike I told you not to run away from me. You could get hurt and then papa would have cried too." My father said softly to him. "No Momma here. I want momma" He said in baby voice. That voice melted my heart. He doesn't deserve to be like this. Yo lose his mother. 

no negative thoughts Kia. 

"Can I hold him dad?" I asked. "Sure go ahead I will help you with the luggage." He said. "It's just a small bag dad I am not staying long" I smiled sadly. "I understand kid" He said. "So how is Sam?" I asked holding Michael in my arms. He curled around me and I heard soft snores. 

"Kia Sam... She had lost lots of blood and the vein had been exploded in her brain. It had been internal hemorrhaging. She is gone Kia forever. She is gone." I was shocked. I felt like my entire world had been turned upside down by some kind of brutal force. It cannot be. No. It cannot be. My  sister  My sam she is gone forever...

Word Count: 1531 Words