Chapter 11 (Rewritten)

Kiara's pov:-

I saw Liam walked back into the office premises. I swiftly moved back from the window. His temporary PA was with me. "Mam do you need anything?" She asked. I had a headache, so "Can you bring a coffee, make it double espresso shot one sugar and little crème" She nodded waking out.

As soon as she walked out Liam entered. He locked the door behind him. What for I don't know. "hey, you did great. I was trying to do business with Mr. Lee from years. Every time all he did was reject my proposal. But you got us our business deal." He said sitting down on couch and loosen his tie.

"I am glad that I could have been of help" I said. Liam held my wrist and pulled me towards him. "Please don't avoid me. Tell me what I did wrong. I know I must have done something wrong." Liam said. I wanted to laugh at this. He is asking what is wrong. He should be asking what is right and then I would answer him gladly. Nothing.

"You did nothing that was not your right" I mumbled. He took a sharp breath and said "Kia did I..." he paused then said "Forced myself at you in anyway?" He asked. "No Mr. Rhodes you didn't because you didn't even know it was me It was Not me It was your lost love, your lost wife Samara." I wanted to laugh for some reason. Laugh at the situation.

Liam looked pale. What? I hit a nerve Mr. Rhodes? Or did I evoke those feelings within you, feelings of guilt and regret? I know Mr. Rhodes I can see it clearly visible in your face but don't worry I am not going to say anything to anyone. He looked at me and started to say something but interrupted by a knock on his door.

"Come in" it was his P.A . "Mam your coffee" She said. "Please call me Kia" Liam looked at me sharply. "I mean sam, call me sam" She nodded and left. Liam stood up and took the cup from my hand. "You ok?" He asked. "Just a slight headache nothing more. I will be alright" I said pushing his hand away from my body. But he does not let go. "Do you need some advil?" he asked.

"No, I am fine Mr. Rhodes" I said but as usual I am in company of a stubborn man. "No you are not fine. You are warm, too warm. You have fever. Come on just lie down for a bit and we will go home" He offered. "I can take a cab and go home as you say it. You don't have to stop whole day of office for me sir, when I am a nobody in your life." This was just my illness talking.

"Who says you are a nobody Kia? Who says you don't matter? I married you for god's sake and I do care for you. When you will understand that?" He was in full rage now. " I am not Kiara, I am Samara to you. I am Samara to everyone now. I am nothing I am just a replacement. If she comes back suddenly you will just go back to her. Because you still do love her. And what I will have then?" I asked enraged too.

"Do you want me to repeat and prove that I am your husband Kia? And you will not talk to me in that tone" Yes right. Do not raise your voice, that is very unladylike. To think of it I never really needed to raise my voice after I left London. It was always peaceful and quite in New York even when it is so busy city.

"I am sorry" I said looking at the wedding band that rest on my finger now. While he still wearing the same one from his previous marriage from my sister. Like I said he will always be my sister's husband and I will always be her replacement. I wanted Matthew. I so wanted him. He was only person who could have understand me right now.

I took my phone and started to search for his number. Liam looked at me impatiently. "Who are you calling?" he asked. "No one you should know" I replied as soon as I dialed Matthew's number he snatched the phone away from my hand. He looked at the phone and throw it at the wall shattering it into pieces. "You are mine for at least five year, you vowed to be faithful to me Kiara"

Can I not talk to him too? I shielded my face from him. I was waiting for him to hit me but I saw him, his fists were clenched and he was breathing hard. I looked at his features, he was trying to control his rage. Control himself. Then he sat down and pulled my hands away from my face. "Why? " he asked. "Why? What?" I asked again. " Why you make me feel this much Jealous? Why you make me feel this much possessive?" He asked me.

I have no idea what he was talking about. Was he never ever behaved like this towards Sam? I don't understand, Sam was love of his life and he didn't felt even a little possessive over her? Yet he feels possessive towards her replacement? How come that can be possible?

"L...Liam P...please you are scaring me" I said shuttering badly at the close proximity, we are no normal husband and wife and all I did was fear him. Yes I was afraid of him. I am not a coward but, if you ever been in my situation you will learn that fear keeps you alive and well. And it is actually a very necessary trait in keeping yourself away from the persons that could harm you.

He stopped moving and cupped my cheek lightly. "let's get you to a doctor baby, I don't want you to get sick on me." He said softly and I nodded defeated. How my sister handled his mood swings is just out of my imagination. I stood up as he tried to hold me. I moved back and he frowned. I am not his wife. Just a replacement, he just want me for my face. The face which is of my sister's.

"I am fine, I can walk" I told him. I have endured worse than this. And he just cannot walk into my life, force me to marry him and assume that everything will be shiny and colorful. No this is not shiny and colorful, it is black and white and I know it will never ever be shiny and colorful ever again. So, what is the point of trying even? I pushed the cabin door and he followed behind. I didn't wanted him to not after what he did. Not after what he had stolen from me. Something I can never ever get back.

The truth is, I thought I was already too much broken and nothing else left in me to break, But this world have a habit of proving my theories wrong again and again. Now, I cannot even say I am broken. I am just destroyed, The girl who was once happy, once have dreams, once thought that now nothing else can ever touch her, specially her past, has now lost all of it.

"Are you sure you are alright?" Liam asked. I nodded not wanting to look or talk to him. I cannot look at his eyes without seeing the monster inside him. The monster I saw last night. The monster I saw today. I am afraid that he will flip and become just like my father was. Just like he was with me, and if that happens there will be no way I will survive it again.

The car stopped and I heard the gates open. He came to my side and took my hand. A hand which should have held me and provide me warmth, a hand that should have been provided me safety.

A hand that should have been of Matthew, I wanted to run and never come back here ever again. But I know Liam would have catch me and where I will go anyway? It is not like I have a place or a job also I don't have money.

"Come on sit down baby" I heard Liam's voice. I looked at my surroundings, I was inside doctor's chambers. I sat down. "She is feeling down lately. I don't know what to do doctor" Liam said. "Mr. Rhodes I need to run some test on your wife if you excuse me. Follow me please Mrs. Rhodes" I silently followed her.

She gave me a hospital gown and asked me routine question and also took my blood for testing. After all the procedures are done, we came back outside and I took seat beside Liam. "How is she doctor?" Liam asked. I would be happy to know that I am dying. But no I am not that lucky.

"Just a common flu nothing to worry about, she will be alright in few days." Liam somehow looked relieved. What? It is not like that I am going to die this much easily. No, I cannot because this world is still not done from tormenting me.

"Here, take those before she gets to sleep and she will be fine in no time Mr. Rhodes" Liam took the prescription from her hand and paid her. I cannot even look at him without being traumatized about last night. Is it really normal to be this much afraid of your own husband? "I will drop you home and then I will go back to office." Wise choice however, I learned to function with anyone else's help a long time before.

"I can take a cab Mr. Rhodes, no offence but you shouldn't keep your clients waiting." I said. "I cannot leave you here alone" He said. But I want you to leave me alone. Just leave me alone and I will just find my way. I can, I am used to it.

And I am tired of your false sympathy. "Get in the car I will drop you" I didn't protested what is there to protest anymore. I cannot even call Matthew. I cannot because he may never talk to me again. He doesn't know that I married Liam.

He will think I cheated on him. But I still Love Matthew. "Are you hungry?" I feel like throwing up. "No, I am not" I said. He shied. "Kia you have to eat sometime, You are ill already." He said. "I will when I feel like it Mr. Rhodes" I said as we pulled into our apartment building. Before he can even say anything. I walked out of the car and into the house.

Word Count: 1824 Words