: 01

Chauncey's POV:

" Chauncey? Chauncey, get up! " my mothers voice echoed through the house. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looking around the room.

I slid out of bed, heading into the bathroom. I grabbed my bath rag, soaking it with water and ringing it out. I washed my face, brushing my teeth immediately after. I walked to my closet in attempt to find something to wear. I grabbed my distressed overalls, a white t-shirt, and navy blue vans.

My phone started to ring, and I looked at the caller I.D. Andre! I've always had a crush on Andre, but I will never tell him that. He's one of my best friends.

Yeah?

You going to school today?

Yeah, what kind of question is that?

My bad, I'm just asking! We were out pretty late last night.

Yeah, but a nigga gotta' get that edu.

I feel you! Well, I guess I'll get up. See you at school?

Bet.

Last night was crazy! Andre and I had stole from the grocery store up the street, damn near getting killed from the bullets flying towards us. After that, we just walked around the neighborhood, smoking and chilling. I wouldn't call myself a bad boy, I just did what I wanted when I wanted to. You respect me, and I'll respect you.

I walked back into the bathroom, rolling the foam over my hair. After that, I wet it a little to give it that curly look. I walked back to my bed, slipped on my tank top and put on my socks. I stepped into the overalls, letting them hang at my waist. I put on my t-shirt, fastening the clips on the overalls. I walked over to my dresser putting on my gold watch and necklace. I slipped my grill in, cheesing. I sprayed my cool water cologne, walking downstairs.

" Good morning? " I greeted my mother, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

" Good morning, baby. " she kissed back, handing me my plate. " I don't want any drama today, boy. "

" I'll try. " I was being honest.

" Chauncey, don't play with me! You came in this house too late last night, and I would hate to lock yo' ass down. All this running you're doing in these streets......... "

" Ma', I'm not running the streets. I'm just out with Andre....... "

" Doing God knows what! Like I said, I would hate to put you on lockdown. " she turned back to the stove as my father came walking downstairs. He walked into the kitchen and gave her a kiss.

" Shouldn't you be getting to school? " he asked, sitting down at the table.

" Can I eat first? " I scoffed. " It's only 7:2o. "

" Alright, son. "

  " Ha, funny

" Ha, funny. " I rolled my eyes.

" Chauncey? " my mother called me.

" What? " she quickly looked at me, giving me that death stare.

" Don't get too ahead of yourself. " she warned.

I sighed, getting up and throwing my plate away. I walked into my room, slipping on my shoes and grabbing my car keys. " I'm gone. "

Andre's POV:

Tell me why Chauncey was up before me, but I got to school first? This boy and his time management issues. He finally walked around the corner, walking towards his locker. He dapped me up, putting in his locker combination and getting his books.

" I can't believe I came. "

" Don't say it was because of me, I'm here faithfully. " he chuckled.

" Well, I needed to see you. " I smiled.

" What? " he looked at me.

" I'm saying, it would have been boring if I stayed home, so......... " I scratched the back of my neck.

" Mhmm. " he walked away.

" So, what is there to do today? " I asked, catching up with him.

" I don't know. " he shrugged.

A boy walked by and stepped on my shoes. My fucking J's! I pushed him down, watching him fall to the ground.

" What the fuck? " Chauncey asked.

" He stepped on my fucking shoes! " I exclaimed.

He just walked away, shaking his head.