Chapter 9.5 Embry

Start from the beginning

He was paying no attention to Jacob that was practically running behind him, trying to catch up and yelling towards him to wait and he was just simply walking towards any possible direction that his feet lead him towards.

There was absolutely not a single thing inside his mind right now....well, except from what happened just half an hour ago. This scene was playing right in front of his eyes over and over again, like a demon which haunts the purest of souls to madness.

'Why did the Cullens call us to their stupid home? Why couldn't we just drop by Bella's house to see if she is alright?' Jacob complained grumpily from the passenger's seat, making Embry roll his eyes but remain calm.

'For them to call us there, it must mean that something big has happened Jake. We'll see.' Embry commented calmly, trying to focus to his driving, in case they ended up losing the turn among the trees that lead to the Cullens' house.

It was the very first time for both boys to be heading there and under the current circumstances, both of them were on the edge for what was about to happen; Sam, as the leader of the pack, was the one that had received the request for both Embry and Jake to go over to the Cullens, since there was a major problem that needed their presence immediately. As to what the problem was, they had said nothing, yet despite Paul's not so calm reactions as to why they shouldn't go, Sam was the voice of reason and urged them to go and see what was happening. For the Cullens to be calling them into their own house, something big must have surely happened. To be extra careful though, the rest of the wolves would be close by, just to make sure that this wasn't a trap and using the rare opportunity to their advantage, since the treaty was down. Embry could catch a glimpse of his fellow wolves running inside the forest that surrounded the road, but his thoughts were quickly drifted back to ______; she hadn't called him at all from the moment she came back and that was something that stroke as utterly peculiar to the man. She wasn't the one to let others worry for her safety, no matter how easily she jumped into fights, so her actions of not communicating left an uneasy feeling inside Embry's gut which he refused to let surface; Jake was enough freaked out for the both of them already and if he freaked out as well, no sense would come from the conversation.

With these thoughts in mind, he took a turn inside the woods, following the road that led to Cullen residence, stepping on the accelerator a bit more and with Jacob mumbling and complaining from right beside him, until they spotted Carlyle Cullen himself waiting on the threshold of his house. Right beside him were the vampires Emmet and Jasper, along with Edward and Bella. In the sight of the girl, Jake let out a small growl as he saw her clinging tightly into Edward's side, but that was the least of Embry's problems, since there was one person missing from their little soiree; and he didn't like it one bit. Pulling the car to a stop, both wolves rushed to get out of it and walked towards the Cullens, with Jacob acting all high-and-mighty and Embry looking around to get a glimpse of ______.

'Welcome Embry, Jacob. I'm happy that you responded so fast to our invitation.' Carlyle smiled sincerely as the two of them approached. The sickeningly sweet aroma of the vampires penetrated their senses, making them try not to shrink their noses in disgust but in front of the problems that were about to be let out, both boys simply ignored it.

'I see that you managed to bring him back.' Jake commented, looking at Bella and then at Edward 'Pity.'

'Jake I-'

'Where is ______?' Embry cut Bella off, trying to get to the point that interested him immediately.

Bella nailed her chocolate brown eyes to the ground, while Edward and Carlyle exchanged a silent gaze, before Carlyle took a single step forward and connected his palms calmly, his face betraying downright worry; something that Embry didn't like at all.