Burning Broken Bridges

Start from the beginning

She licked her lips as Alex pulled her back up to a standing position. Ro smiled wider and turned around using Alex as a support. She was happier than she’d been in a week. Her heart rate increased as she looked up from looking at Alex’s hockey jacket into his eyes.

Ro gripped the front of his jacket and tried to keep her knees from giving out. Alex’s eyes held an unspoken question in them. He was silently asking her permission. In response, Ro closed the distance between their lips. Everything disappeared. Nothing else mattered in that moment because Alex reminded her of everything she hadn’t had in so long. For a single moment she was happy and basking in the innocence of childhood love.

Although it was exciting and made her feel good, Ro knew it wasn’t love. Alex’s tongue flicked over her lips and they parted for him. Ro decided she didn’t care that it wasn’t going to be a relationship that lasted forever. She was willing to just have someone make her feel good. She wanted someone to want her. They drew apart and smiled.

Alexia was tugging with almost all her weight to get Mico moving but he was glued to the ice. He didn’t want to move: he wanted to throw up all over the ice. He wanted to punch that kid, hard. He wanted to say sorry to Ro, but at the same time he was furious at her for kissing him. “We’re leaving,” he barked at Alexia. She jumped when he yelled at her. “But Mico baby, we just got here,” she purred, trying to salvage the situation by gripping his arm.

“We’re leaving now.” He ripped it from her grasp. Mico was trying hard not to scream at her. She was annoying him. She didn’t even mean anything to him. “But Mico we-” Mico cut her off almost immediately.

“NOW,” He said. He turned around and headed for the edge of the ice. He ripped off his skates and moved towards Alexia when he felt she wasn’t fast enough. She’d followed him, scrambling off the ice, not noticing whose attention had been turned. Suddenly, Mico made a run for the door. Once outside, he turned into some plants to spill his guts. He was heaving and retching, shivering in the cold, standing on the cement in socks.

Ro had been holding Alex’s hand after their kiss. He said, “I messed up real bad when we were little. Think you could give me another chance? How did I ask back then- be my girl?” Ro smiled and rolled the thought over in her head. She needed distractions. “Yup,” she answered. She was about to kiss Alex again when she heard Mico scream, “NOW.” She’d had no idea he was even there. Ro looked at the bitch who called her ‘a baby sophomore’, who looked terrified, and kind of felt sorry for the girl.

Ro’s heart immediately skipped a beat and her breath got caught in her throat. She excused herself and got off the ice. She followed Mico, throwing a fleeting glance at the girl as she ripped off her skates. A voice stopped her before she could get out the door. “Hey, you’re the girl from Monday!” Alexia exclaimed, “You’re the girl who ruined my date! Fuck you, whore!” Ro stood muted for a moment, disoriented like a deer caught in headlights. With a blank look, Ro realized what she’d missed. Dating, he was dating! Of course he’s allowed to date, she thought to herself, after all I am too. As she settled herself with the notion, a sick feeling of jealousy rooted itself in the pit of her stomach. She turned around forcefully and whipped open the doors, preparing herself to be cruel to him.

The sight that met her eyes made her pause. Her face visibly softened at the shaking man before her. “We’ve got to stop meeting like this,” Mico told her, his voice coming out shakier than it ever had before. He wiped his mouth and Ro cringed. He shook his head and confusion crossed her face. “Why can’t you leave me alone?” He asked, agitated that she was everywhere.

She rolled her eyes. Of course he would make it about himself. “It’s kind of hard to avoid you when you live next door! How was I supposed to know you would end up the ONE place I went to in Greece on Saturday? I just came to chill with my friends!” She exclaimed, becoming angry herself.

Mico grew angrier and sicker with the fresh memory of her kissing someone else. “And your boyfriend!” He spat at her. She had an indignant look on her face when she yelled, “You came here with your bleach-blonde bimbo girlfriend!” Mico’s temper flared even more as he replied, “She’s not my girlfriend! I just owed her a stupid date!” The look on her face was almost too much for him to bear. He wanted to strangle someone and he was sure he was about to explode wen Alexia stepped out the door, walking towards him with a possessive look in her eyes.

Ro’s eyes widened with disbelief, anger, and jealousy. Before Mico could analyze what Ro was jealous of, she’d composed her face. She was no longer full of beautiful emotion: she was as cold as a stone.

“Alexia, I’m ready to go.” Ro heard Mico say. Ro wasn’t much paying attention to what was going on anymore, instead she was letting her thoughts take over. She realized that the bridge between her and Mico was broken. She realized by dating Alex she was…Ro chucked an imaginary match at the bridge, and walked away from the flames.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So I'm regretting linking this to my facebook just because friends on my facebook are in this and I'm not sure if they'll be okay with being a part of this without my asking! :o I'm gunna get in trouble.

Ooops.

Oh well. Next chapter I'm going to drop another bomb .. this one's the most important and the biggest for this book. It sets up everything, Ro & Mico's fate included<3. LOVE ME FOR IT

Comment and vote please to let me know that you actually want to know :(

Thank youuuu<3