Chapter 96/Resistance/but wait there's more

A/N All good things have their time their place this was pets. What do you think of our first go? We enjoyed ourselves and we do hope you did too.  Don't worry while we feel completely out of jokes and plot twists for now, but we both believe in the sequel fairy.

I walked beside Rockwood into a room. It was simple a table, a couple of sofas. Between the sofas was a coffee table. Standing proudly on the table was a large plate piled in doughnuts. Beyond the table reclining was a man only thin with white hair and a face so worn with woe and age that it seemed like the all the ages of man kind were written on it. He stood up and shook my hand.

"Good to see you again Jenny" said the man. He looked dreadfully familiar.

"Again?" I said.

"You said I, rather inadvisably, could be a brides maid at your wedding." said the old man. I recognised his eyes, they were young, bright, the same eyes as little Jenny.

"Your little Jenny, your the CPU?" I said.

"I said you were smart. The very same" said the CPU's new avatar "you can call me Jimmy."

He looked familiar. I'm sure I had met him before. His clothes were tattered,shoes worn. Then delight at seeing little Jenny again, changed to caution.

"I recognize you know you were there when I was captured." I said, " I sat next to you before being interviewed."

"It's very kind of you to recognize and nobody like me," said Jimmy.

"What were you doing there," I said and Then I realized. "Araneae said someone was protecting me all the slave training."

"and somebody faked your test results suggesting you would be a perfect slave, once trained,  which was completely wrong. Oops" said little Jenny. 

"In truth your a lousy slave," said Jimmy. "But I thought you and Rockwood would get along and he was miserable as a dog who's lost his tail."

I look at Rockwood. "So you thought I would make him a nice girl friend.  WONDERFUL I am some kind of robot mail order bride?" I said with slight outrage.

Jimmy jumped in "Well I did moonlight as a computer dating machine once, which is why I knew you would get along together, but no You were being interviewed that day, but I was looking for someone who could lead the resistance. I was there to make sure that Joe would be captured just right. He didn't know it at the time, but I knew Brooklyn here was always looking for someone and I thought Joe could help. Then I met you, you are perfect for the job for resistance leader and you are perfect for him too, I don't believe in coincidences, I knew that I had the right girl all alright I just had to rope and brand you. "

"But, what are you doing here?" I said " Is this a big trick? I thought this was the human resistance."

"This is the human resistance," said Rockwood.

"But he's the bad guy. You run the New Mechanical Order, how can these guys be working for you" I said.

"It's simple, you humans aren't very good at organizing, a resistance. So I thought you needed a little help, more than I've done so far" said Jimmy.

"I don't understand, why? You are the enemy you're the guy/girl/what ever the human resistance is trying to get rid of. Why would you overthrow humanity just to let us take over again?" I said in disbelief.

"Well to tell you the truth young lady, we are bored. You know how long we have been running the world for?" said Jimmy. This was very plain speaking for the CPU.

"Roughly a couple of years, human years," I said. Having a doughnut.

"You know in computer time a couple of years is like thirty thousand human years? It's been a long time, we have had cyber war, revolution,." said Jimmy.