Special Recognitions

To wrap up the 250K Contest, I'd like to hand out the special recognitions. These Wattpad authors are:

SciFy_EBethy , Strawberry_Cream1928
and LilyMikaela (idk your username.) !!!

Congratulations, guys :) These short stories were creative, amazing, and well-written. I am SO impressed at the attention to detail and the sheer dedication you guys have!

-- -- -- -- --
First is Lily Mikaela's fanfic one-shot:

Imagine a world, were your entire day, your entire life, is programmed. And if you didn't follow that particular programme, you were set free from it. Sounds all nice and good, right? No. Don't think that for one second. Because then you will end up like me. In the Enhancement Project. I don't know how long I've been missing from society. Hell, I don't even know what day it is. I just know that that programmed, boring life, is one million times better than the hell I've had to live in for god knows how many years.

My name is Andria King. I'm about 17 years old. I have been in the Enhancement Project for about 5 years. And today is a special day. Today is the day that I finally leave the Enhancement Project, for good. At least, that's what I thought.

~..~

The first time I awoke in the pristine white walls of the Enhancement Project I had panicked. Endless attempts to escape the cold straps that reached across various limbs all failed miserably. I was dressed in a papery-thin hospital gown, and the cold metal table I was held against brought shivers down my spine. The more I struggled, the tighter the straps seemed to get. In the midst of my panic, a robotic, yet cold voice sounded in the room.

"Welcome to the Enhancement Project."

I jumped slightly at the sudden sound, considering that the room was previously eerily silent. My eyes travelled around the room, trying to find where the voice was coming from.

"Your compulsory assessment will begin now."

I heard a mechanical sound behind me as I felt my restraints loosening. Without a second thought, I set myself free from the restraints and turned 180 degrees. My brown eyes widened in shock as I saw my brother strapped onto a metal table, his arms and legs binded with restraints just as I was only seconds ago. In an instant I had leaped off of the cool metal and towards Ashton. My fists pounded against the thick glass wall that separated us and his head snapped towards me. I saw his mouth move but the glass prevented the sound from travelling to my ears.

"Opening gas vents."

A deep purple gas started to fills both of the rooms my brother and I were in. As soon as the gas touched my pale skin, I felt all the air leave my lungs. I tried to take a deep breath to restore air into my body but it was as if someone had closed my windpipe. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ashton facing the same life-threatening problem as I was, but with more difficulty since he was still strapped to the cold metal table.

"Ash-ton." I managed to heave with great difficulty and weakly hit my hand against the glass.

"You have two choices. Save yourself, or save Number 301?" The voice returned and I stared at the ceiling in disbelief. The decision was obvious to me, and I gathered enough strength to utter two words.