Why Do I Feel Like You Are Hiding Something.

Start from the beginning

Bitches.

"Shut up." I stand erect following him out of the room. "Where's Chance?" I ask stepping into the kitchen staring at a fixed plate on the table.

Damn I'm hungry.

"He's talking to Peak in the backyard. He said it was something important." Blaise answers walking towards the game room. "Although they did say something about leaving to talk more privately about something really important a couple of minutes ago." He informs me.

"And where's Kay and Eli?" I call after him.

"Kaylani is still here and Eli went home, but she said she will be back as soon as possible. Now eat, before I tell Ryden to carry you back up the stairs." He jokes.

I stick out my tongue in response as he does the same.

Huffing I sit down at the kitchen table in front of my fixed plate consisiting of pork chops and mashed potatoes.

Finally, I get a good lunch.

I scarf down the food in record time.

For breakfast they only made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since my brothers and Chance didn't know how to cook and Eli and Kaylani were still asleep so Blaise thought it was the best thing to make it without burning the house down.

Let me tell you one sandwich doesn't fill anyone up.

"Hey Dyl." Kay states setting herself down next to me at the dining table.

I nod my head at her since I still had food in my mouth.

I swallow down the meat. "So you and my brother huh?" I wink.

"Yeah, it kind of just happened." She blushes fidgeting in her seat.

"How did you guys meet anyway?"

"Well--" She drags on.

I huff with a roll of my eyes. "Well what?" I giggle like a little school girl.

She leans forward ready to gossip about herself.

"Okay since we were taking the same classes we still didn't talk since I'm younger than him and your best friend so apparently I was off limits to him." She shrugs continuing with the story. Since Kay was a grade level smarter she actually skipped a grade which was freshmen year so she went automatically into sophomore year with two high level classes and three average level classes. "Well anyway we met-- years back since I was your best friend in like the first grade 'til now." She giggles as I catch onto the laughter.

"Oh yeah how dumb of me." I face-palm my forehead.

We laugh over my stupidity before going on with the story.

"Anyway I started to like him a little while after we found out you were sick." Kalyani's voice cracks before collecting her self and continuing. "He was watching videos of Spongebob--like always-- and I asked him how come he didn't go with you to your routine appointment since he had a free period and he shrugged with his blue eyes fixated on the t.v. and said he wants to get his mind off of things for even a little bit so that's why he was watching Spongbob. So I sat next to him watching the same show then I heard like a muffled cough and then after a while he began to sob-- like an actual heart breaking sob--" A tear threatens to spill over my eyes as Kaylani's voice breaks. She audibly gulps. "So my first instinct was to let him be then talk to him after he stops, but as soon as I saw the first tear drop I immediately wrapped my hands around him; comforting him, at first he was stiff then slowly he melted into my embrace and we stayed like that for a good hour or two." Kaylani wipes a tear that slipped onto her cheek. "Since then we would catch each other staring so it kin of just happened."