One

E S M E E

Michael had been acting strange lately, his mood swings were out of the blue and he won't talk to me. There was stress with his mothers death of course but he would spend extended periods of time in his bedroom sobbing quietly. It broke my heart to listen, whenever I tried to help or called a doctor he'd break down and ask me to stop. So I did.

Luke tried to help the cracking boy but he was of no help, so we stopped. We left him to cry and then after a while we would come back to see if he was alright and ready.

"I'm scared" Luke was driving me home since we couldn't get through to Michael. I fiddled with the hole in my shirt nervously.

"Of what? I'm sure he'll be fine" Luke replied keeping his eyes trained on the road. I cringed at the sound of tyre on road as he braked at a red light. The amount of sleep I have been getting is shocking and it was visible due to the purple rings around my sunken eyes.

"Did you see him? His eyes are bloodshot and his voice was so quiet" Luke looked at me for a split second with a raised eyebrow. "He has lost his mum, of course he is going to be like this. Don't worry" I pondered for a bit and ceased my worrying.

"You're right. I'm sure he will be fine soon." Luke smiled and took a large hand off the wheel to rub my shoulder comfortingly. It was strangely cold but I didn't mind, my own hand rubbed my worn face.

The rest of the ride was silent as the rain pounded against the car windows, the sound was soft and gentle but Michael was still on my mind. I mean we are together after all and I'm just trying to be the best girlfriend I can.

Luke pulled up outside my house and I unplugged the seatbelt. "Thanks I'll see you soon" I gave him a smile, a peck on the cheek and slung open the car door. Running to the front door was a mission as the rain soaked me head to toe.

I turned around to the blonde and waved, he returned it and drove off. My frozen and damp hands fumbled with the key before managing to open the door and stumble inside.

I tried to avoid thinking about him but that was useless, he was imprinted into my mind.

-

IM SL SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN BROKEN UGGHH