6. - Jealousy Is An Ugly Word But You Don't Seem To Care

Start from the beginning

“We just want a beer, you mind if we join you?” Johnny was quiet the whole time.

“Well…,” I began but Zacky and Johnny already had taken a seat.

“You know each other?” Johnny and Zacky grinned from ear to ear because of the question.

“Johnny’s my roommate,” I explained while he ordered some beer.

“That means the bed was for you?” I’m sure he’s that type of who’s facebook status will be something like ‘Today I met some members of A7x. They’re so cool’ or something like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he would ask me to take a photo and I even wouldn’t be surprised if they would enjoy it.

“Yep and it’s awesome! Isn’t it, Kim?” were Johnny’s first words.

“Sure,” I said until I realized the meaning of his words. “That doesn’t mean we’d make out,” I told my date but he was still dazzled by the two men in front of him to notice. He and Zacky were deep in a conversation and Johnny smiled at me. I just wanted to beat him so he wouldn’t smile anymore. “What’s this about?” I whispered instead.

“What do you mean?” he asked innocently.

“You’re such jerks,” I said while I rose up and walked to the bar and pulled out my phone.

You’ve plans 4 tonight?’ I texted Gena.

“A tequila, please,” I ordered and waited for Gena to respond.

Val is coming. U want 2 join us?’

Would be great! I’ll call V’

“Thanks,” I said as the waiter put the glass in front of me and down the drink in one swig while I tried to call Val.

“What’s up?” Val asked as she answered the call.

“You mind picking me up?” I asked her.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on a date?” she asked and I heard her dog in the background, so she was still at home.

“Actually I am, but I don’t know who the biggest dick is: Gena’s man, my stupid roommate or the jerk I was supposed to date!” I saw the waiter smiling as he heard my words and he refilled my glass.

“Where are you? I’ll pick you up and then you have to tell me everything!” I told her the name of the café and she promised she would be there in 15 minutes. I took a look at the table, but it seemed as my date hadn’t even noticed I wasn’t there anymore.

“Bad day?” the waiter asked as my phone disappeared in my bag.

“You can say that again!”

“Should I give them a note that you left?”

“No, very kind of you, but that’s something I have to do myself.” I pulled out a twenty dollar note and put it on the bar table.

“It’s on the house,” he put it off.

“You know what? Just put it on their bill,” I pointed at Johnny, before I walked to the table where the assholes sat. I bend forward – still be aware of, that they would have a great view at my cleavage – and said: “I’m going to leave now, so have a nice evening guys ‘cause I’ll!” With these words I left and waited outside for Val’s car.

Then she arrived and opened the door from inside and I hopped inside.

“You had a drink?” she asked. I just nodded.

“Want to talk ‘bout it at Gena’s?” I nodded again. So we drove quietly. She turned up the volume of the radio and my hands soon followed the beat.