25: Sidetracked

Começar do início

Again? Wha?........ Oh yeah, that time when Mephisto showed up when we were going to his office.(A/N: if you forgot about this, you can go back and read chapter 17,"Mr. Creepy Clown". But you really don't need to if don't want to)

But then, what Ayana just said popped into my mind. I gave Ayana a challenging look and said,

"You? Too fast? No way! You haven't seen me running have you? I bet if we had a race, I would win!"

I saw Ayana raise a brow at me. Then she crossed her arms in front of her and said,

"Really now?"

"Yep!"

"Hmph. Alright then. How bout a race? Here and now?"

I gave her a smug grin and said, "yeah! Let's do-"

But I was cut off when Ayana sprinted off, leaving nothing but dust behind.

"Wha?!"

Then, I heard Ayana call out in the distance, "I said "here and now"! And that means now!"

I heard some distant laughs.

"Huh?!"

What?! That's not fair damn it! I growled to myself, then sprinted as fast as I could. C'mon Rin! You can do this! I can definitely win if I try!

***Ayana's POV***

I continued to run and laugh down the school campus. Rin seemed really smug, when he was saying he'd definitely win a race with no modesty. So I decided tease him with the "talent" of his of not paying proper attention.

As I was running I saw Sheimi and Yukio. They were walking and talking, but I saw them look my direction. Shiemi had kind of a scared expression and Yukio was just looking wide eyed at me.

When I was almost close to them I stopped on my heels in front of the two, and Shiemi seemed to now be hiding behind Yukio.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed,

"Ayana-chan?!" Sheimi said behind Yukio, and slowly came out.

"What are you doing, Ayana-San?" Yukio asked, but before I answered, I noticed Yukio's eyes trail behind me and I could hear rapid patters coming behind me. Then I heard Rin's battle cry. I knew exactly what he'd do, so I just stepped to the left.

I saw Rin fly past me, and he ended up tackling Yukio. Then, Yukio started yelling at Rin.

"Rin! What are you doing?!"

"What are you talking about four-eyes?! You were in the way!"

"Me?! What the heck?!"

The two brothers continued to bicker as Sheimi and I watched them. And when I looked at Shiemi, it looked like she really wanted to stop them. But she didn't seem to know exactly what to say.But there was something else that I had just realized.

Someone was watching us.

I looked to my right, and saw a tree. Beside that tree, there was an exorcist standing there. His back leaning against it. He had black hair and had black glasses that covered his eyes. That's when I remembered what the Grigori told me at the trial.

"You will be under full supervision for the next month"

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Let's see... It's been about a week since the trial, so there's about two more weeks, then I'll be full trusted. Alright, that's fine. I just need to make sure I don't do anything stupid that makes it look like I'm betraying the exorcists.

"Ayana?" My thoughts were interrupted by Rin. I looked at him and it now looked like he and Yukio had stopped arguing, and everyone was now looking at me. I then said with a smile,

"Oh sorry. Yeah?" Then Rin started to pout,

"That wasn't fair"

"What wasn't?" I asked with a confused expression.

"You got a head start!"

This made me laugh. Then I said, "well sorry. Why don't we have a real race later?"

"Why later?"

Has Rin already forgotten our first priority? Ah, sometimes this guy can be really hopeless.

Then I turned my head to Shiemi and said,

"Hey, we're having Sukiyaki for dinner today, you wanna come too Shiemi?"

"Oh!" Rin exclaimed.

Now he remembers.

Then Shiemi replied to me, "Sure!"

"Shit!" I heard Rin say, then he started sprinting towards the dorm. Probably to make the Sukiyaki, since we got sidetracked. Sheimi, Yukio and I followed behind.

A/N:
Hey people! Liking the story? Please Vote, Comment and see you soon! ^.^