Chapter 12-The End of Light (Part 2 Finale)

The dust cleared, and the streets were a little more brighter after the blast that had rained down on them. King Trost stood with the other Kings and Queens of Etra behind a line of Mioran soldiers. Many of his men had fallen to the two shadow warriors that had appeared from that blinding darkness. The fighting stopped as everyone gathered themselves from the blast of lightning. If it wasn't for Queen Ariana, they would have all been dead.

   "It seems we have found ourselves in quite the predicament," said King Farron of Masadora. "With our soldiers outclassed, I'm afraid we will be the next in line to fight against whatever cause these men have brought to us."

   Trost looked over to the man, "You're right. These people have come for us, not my men. They are no match for this enemy."

King Alejandro of Areino came up from behind Farron, "What do you suggest? To surrender?"

Trost scuffed at the men, "A coward I am not. Which is why I intend to fight," he said as he turned. "My Queen!" he called.

   Queen Miranda pushed through the two kings and made her way to her husband, holding a bulky sword in her arms. He took the sword from her hands and cupped the Queen's cheek with his free hand and then bowed to the woman.

"Miranda, my beloved wife, my Queen. You have been the greatest woman a king could ask for, and far better than I could ever deserve. If I do not return from this fight, then I will look after you from my throne in the afterlife- awaiting the moment we be reunited again.

   "I pray that I have made you proud."

The Queen smiled as she cupped his face in her hands, "You fool, don't talk like you're already dead, and do not speak to me about a different plain. Just come back to me in one piece in this one."

   Trost got up and kissed the woman deeply- a silent goodbye-  before turning to the battlefield. "Men, fall back and stand down!" He yelled. The soldiers formed a barrier around the royals, their shields, spears and swords up.

   "A path," Trost said.

They were reluctant, some soldiers even looking back to confirm if what was said came from the king's mouth, but in the end they did as he said.

   The king emerged from the swell of bodies with a golden sword in tow. The dark figures stood before the bodies of his soldiers, twisted and mangled. They approached Trost, a man in a cape leading their group.

The King stopped, "Those were good men you slaughtered. Good hard working men that have come to celebrate life." He said, looking at all the faces caught in a different expression of panic and fear. "What horrible agenda; what twisted god do you serve that you come here on this night and kill my people!" There was so much raw emotion in the Trost's words that it seemed as if the world went absolutely quiet.

           Trost unsheathed the golden sword from its scabbard. "I serve an immortal oath to protect my people from the forces of darkness. I hope the gods will grant you a fair trial as you face damnation in the next life."

           "Don't be so soft on them Trost," Queen Gaiya said, flanking Trost and holding a spear in her hand. "There is no fair trial here. Only execution."

Behind Gaiya appeared her personal guard, Rose Bloodworth, holding a thin sword and a helmet that covered her eyes. It was an odd to see someone purposely blind themselves in battle, seeing as the woman carried a bow strapped on her back.

           "I would join you guys up there, but I'm still a bit winded," said the Queen of Erinhollow."Just give me a second."

Trost turned back to her and regarded her with a smile. If it wasn't for the wall you put up, we would all be dead right now. You have done more than enough Ariana. "Rest, child. This will not take very long."