Fifty || Get Out

Start bij het begin

I start to put away the groceries when I suddenly hear a roll of thunder echo throughout the entire apartment. I turn and look out the large window in the living room. The sky is as dark as the night sky in the countryside. The rain starts to shower harder against the window. It's about time that it rained in this city again. Everything gets overly dry if we don't get these showers.

After I finish putting everything away to my liking, I grab my textbook and start reading the pages that my professor assigned.

I will say that I am about halfway through the reading when I hear someone knocking on the door. I put my bookmark into my textbook and get up from the couch.

I walk towards the door, the knocking began again. Wow, this person is consistent.

I open the door and James stands there sopping wet. I look him up and down a moment: he looks so cold. What on earth is he doing?

"James, what were you doing?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, stepping into the apartment and shutting the door behind him. "Some asshole parked in my parking spot, so I had to park down the road," he explains to me.

He then doesn't even bother to going to his room to change. Right here, right in front of me, he strips out of his wet clothes, just leaving his boxer briefs on. I really should have expected that James would do that, I mean that's just James for you.

"That's better," he sighs, picking up his discarded clothing.

I take his clothes from him and head from the bathroom. "Go get dressed, James," I tell him as I walk towards the bathroom.

I drop his clothes into the bathtub so they could dry a bit before I wash them. I wipe my hands on the hanging towel.

I turn the light off behind me and go back to living room. I sit back down on the couch and don't bother trying to finish reading. I turn on the TV and wait for James to come out of his room. It was only a few minutes later, he came out with his hair looking absolutely crazy. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that he towel dried it.

He sits down next to me and I can feel his eyes on me. I look at him and he is giving me this sweet smile he always does. I smile right back at him.

Without a word, he leans over and kisses my lips gently. Not thinking, my hand went directly to his neck. We haven't talked much since he got home, but that's alright. As some people say, 'some actions speak louder than words'.

I pull away from him and smile, "I missed you today," I tell him.

He chuckles, "Vena, it was like five hours," he reminds me.

When you spend all your days with only one person, a short time can seem like forever.

I stare into his eyes, "Is it a crime to miss you, James?" I ask him amusingly.

He smiles and leans towards me and kisses my neck, gently. "Never, Vena," he mumbles against my skin.

James moves back up to my lips and well, I will say gropes me slightly. He maneuvers me so I am on my back and he's above me. He stares down at me and right away I know what he's thinking.

I forget about what I am going to say when he kisses me again. My hands travel up the back of his tee shirt. As our tongues dance around in each other's mouths I wrap my legs around his waist.

Just as I am about to get him to take his shirt off, my cell phone rings.

James groans, leaning over to the coffee table and grabbing my phone and glancing at the screen, but then passing it to me.