14

A few hours pass by and everyone is sitting in the Gilbert house in the living room. Grace and Alaric were cuddled up on the couch as grace was asleep in his arms. She had been crying non-stop since the incident. She couldn't believe that Elijah would keep Klaus alive just for his family even though they had promised to help him find them. In the short time that Grace had known Elijah, she grew fond of him. She thought he was respectful and trustworthy, but now he had lost her trust. As well as Elena's and Stefan's trust. Elena was sitting in a chair from the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee after having taken some Advil. Her head had been pounding from hurting so much after that. She was slightly sad that John, hers and Grace's birth father, had taken his life instead of her dying. She still hated him. She didn't want to tell Grace about him being their father. Though, she had already known. She had known for a long time. Grace had known about John since her parents died. Damon was sitting on the couch next to Alaric and Grace. He was carefully stroking her hair. Alaric had no problem as he knew they were best friends. Stefan, he was upstairs talking with Jeremy. Jeremy had found out about vampires from his friend Anna. Stefan was also trying to keep Jeremy from going back to the drugs, from wanting to go out and get drunk, or from doing something he would regret. Elena was watching Grace sleep glad that her sister was safe. She was proud of her younger twin sister.

The next morning comes and Grace is up in her bedroom. Alaric was in the shower, so while she was getting ready, she decided to listen to some music while dancing and singing along.

She was listening to 'Carry On My Wayward Son' as her favorite show, supernatural indulged in that song. She was in love with it.

"Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more." Grace sings.

Alaric stands in the doorway between the bedroom and her bathroom smiling at her. He had the towel hanging dangerously low and no shirt on. Her back was facing away from him. He walks up to her and slowly puts his arms around her waist causing her to jump and scream a bit. He just laughs and pulls away from her to go get dressed. He gets dressed in a white button down shirt, keeping the first two buttons opened, and jeans.

Alaric smiles softly at Grace before kissing her lips softly

"I'll be downstairs making coffee. I will bring your stuff down to the car. Hurry up so we can get to the school." He says before grabbing his briefcase and her school bag. He heads downstairs putting them in his car before heading back up and grabbing her history textbook. He brings that down to the car and goes back inside to make coffee. Grace walks down shortly after getting a cup for herself and drinking it slowly not wanting to go to school. She was dreading it. She knew today was going to be a long day.