Chapter 22: The Fourth Hokage's Legacy

Start from the beginning

"Are you two almost finished?" She questioned.

Sasuke and Kakashi turned to look at each other, and a silent conversation passed over them before Kakashi shook his head.

"No, we're gonna practice some more. You can go though, we'll meet you at the arena tomorrow." 

Hikari nodded, looking over at Sasuke. "If I don't see you before your match, good luck against Gaara. With this training, you will definitely hold your ground against him and do major damage."

This time Sasuke's smirk was visible as he basked in the Anbu's praise. 

"Thank you." He said back to her.

He wouldn't admit this to anyone, but over the past couple of weeks, she was a great help, especially in strengthening his Sharingan. He once tried questioning her on how she knew so much about the Sharingan, but she brushed off his question and he never got the chance to do so again.

~Flashback Begins~

"Chidori!" 

The blonde shielded her eyes as pieces of the rocks flew back at her. She carefully moved to avoid getting hit.

"Good job Sasuke. We'll take a small break for lunch." Kakashi stated.

"I'm not hungry." The Uchiha protested.

"We've been training for a while, you should get some food to fill your stomach and rest up. You need more chakra in order for us to practice this move again. I will be back, the Hokage needs to see me." Kakashi stated.

Sasuke grunted reluctantly, taking a seat with the mountain behind his back. He reached for his backpack pulling out two onigiri, which Hikari noted to be his favorite.

"Hikari, you stay here and make sure he doesn't attempt Chidori until I get back." Kakashi stated and left when he saw her nodding.

The two sat in comfortable silence while eating their lunch. They both finished fifteen minutes later, but Kakashi had not returned. The Uchiha sat up and stretched, placing his hands together to form the first seal.

"I don't think so." Hikari stated, appearing in front of him in a flash, a tight grip around his wrist.

She pulled apart his hands much to his irritation.

"Do you mind?"

She shook her head. "You're gonna put a strain on your body and you can't afford something like this two weeks before your final match."

Sasuke sighed. "I need to train. I need to be as prepared as possible."