Chapter 13

Troye's POV

It didn't take long for us drama kids to get back in the same groove as we had last year with old friendships and old conversations. It felt natural for us. Today was the first Friday sunset starting the play, and usually we go out on Fridays after rehearsal. This is just a known fact for everyone in the show. Mrs. Bradley even planned accordingly so the rehearsal corresponded to our group social schedule.

I was super excited for whatever was planned for the day. It was something different every time. The person who chose was chosen based on the role they played. So it started with the lead and made its way down to the techies.

I hadn't really thought of a plan do I have this week to Clay and I took the week after. Clay was really good at planning things like those.

Last year we had gone to the local theater that traveling Broadway shows usually performed in and did a bunch of improv and then went back to his house and had a giant sleepover, camping out in his basement. Depending on what we did, it may have conflicted with our usual Friday night dinners, but our families knew what we were signing up for, since Tyler had performed at the same place a few years before.

As the day went on and the afternoon Clay had planned slowly got closer and closer, I could feel myself slowly getting more and more anxious to see what my afternoon was going to look like. Fridays during the spring show were always the best parts of the week. And when the bell finally rang, I jumped up, darting as fast as I could to Clays locker so we could walk together. Dodging people left and right, I finally found myself in front of Clays locker. As expected, he had yet to show up. He loved to annoy the shit out of me by taking his time on Friday afternoons when he knew I could hardly even wait to get to the drama room where we usually met up to figure out carpooling. We usually only took four to five cars between the twenty of us.

I waited patiently, examining the crowd for the slowpoke. My posture immediately straightened the moment I saw the familiar dirty blonde head emerge from the sea of teenagers all in a rush and heading different directions. Clay had a smug look on his face as he slowly made his way to me, taking his precious time. I wanted to slap the smile right off of his face, but I knew that we would still manage to be the first people in the drama room either way. Most people didn't rush like I did, and Clay still knew how much time he had before I snapped and ruined that precious little face of his.

When Clay finally had everything together, we began walking down toward the drama room, a slight bounce in his step. As much as he hated to admit it, he was excited for this. Despite his ego, I knew Fridays were his favorite day of the week. He was always excited and generally more cheery on Fridays.

It only took a few minutes for the crowd in he drama room to grow. The excitement was bubbling over and I was living for it. By the time the last few kids had shuffled in we were just waiting for Clay to give us directions to wherever we were headed. I sighed in relief when Clay finally looked up to address the crowd that was staring his down eagerly.

"So I was thinking since this is our first get together, we should do something drama related. Maybe check out the different skill levels of all of the group members and just get to know each other." Clay said, pausing quickly before continuing on. "My brother goes to the college down the street. This college is known for it's incredible theater. Well, actually it's known for it's sports program.... But that's beside the point!" The teenagers laughed at Clays statement slightly before silencing completely in attempt to get Clay to continue on.