Chapter 7

Troye's POV

My eyes shot open as a small gasp left my mouth. It took me a minute to realize that I was still safe in my room.

I must have had another nightmare...

I could feel the cold tears running down my neck and quickly being absorbed into my baggy cotton shirt. I lied there limply for a moment trying to remember my most recent dream as it all came flooding back to me. I could feel my limp body begin to tense up from all the emotions flooding through me at once. Anger, fear, sorrow, regret...

It was all to much to take in at once. I could feel my hands balling up into fists. I let out a sigh knowing I would not be able to fall back asleep. It was terrible. Worse than before, but at the same time, I knew it would be easier to forget about because it was a lot less realistic than what I had dreamed the night before. I struggled to push myself up off my bed, grunting when I finally found my way to a sitting position. My mind raced with questions that I didn't want to hear the answer to as I shook my head to remove all of my thoughts. If I started down that road I knew how easily I would get lost. That couldn't happen. I didn't want to go there. I put my head in the palms of my hands trying to collect my thoughts before heading down stairs to get a glass of water. I was parched, as per usual. Every time I was woken up in the middle of the night I would wake up dying of thirst. As I snuck downstairs, praying that I would not catch any squeaky floor boards on the way, I managed to clear my mind for a brief moment. It didn't last long. After downing the glass of water I began to get caught up in my thoughts again.

What if... No. Nonononononono. I was bullied enough at school, there was no way I was going to feed myself the same shit that they feed. I know better than that.

My mind continued the same back and fourth cycle until I found myself back in my room. I looked around my room doing a double take when I saw Tyler's lights still on in his room. Before I knew what I was doing, my window was open and I was halfway down my roof.

What the fuck? The last thing Tyler needs is for me to bombard him with my problems.  I thought for a minute more, knowing that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep unless I was in his arms. Not some other guy, but me. I needed to know that he was there for me. I quickly worked my way down the side of my house, guilt still eating me alive and flooding my eyes with tears that only made it harder to see where I was going. I climbed about ten feet to where I could see Tyler's window in front of me. He was in his bed with a book. I knocked on his window lightly, hoping he would look over. His eyes tore away from his book and connected with mine.

Tyler's POV

I was halfway through chapter 21 of "The Fault in our Stars", tears streaming down my face, when I hear a light tap on my window. My eyes flicker in the general direction as As I try to hold back the tear threatening to escape from my eyes. I do a double take when I see Troye standing outside my window, his eyes wide and pleading like a begging dog.

What is he crazy? How did he get up here? I need to let him in before he does something else stupid. Or worse, he gets frost bite! It's freezing outside!

I reluctantly left the soothing warmth of my bed and opened up the window. The window creeped as I lifted it up as slowly as possible, trying to avoid the loud squeaking noise that was already making my ears ring in disgust.

"Wha-" before I could even get a word out Troye crawled through the window, immediately wrapping me in a tight hug. I was shocked for a moment, but then I willingly hugged him back, resting my chin on his shoulder. I released a deep breath that I had been holding in for way to long. A few seconds passed and the hug was over to quickly for my liking, leaving me feeling cold and bare without him rapped around me. It wasn't until I saw him avoiding eye contact at all costs that I realized why he had climbed up to my window. Troye was crying. I silently debated asking him why he was crying just as he opened him mouth to speak.

"I had another dream. This one worse than the last." Troye stated, his voice cracking ever so slightly as he said another.

"Come here," I told Troye, gesturing to the spot next to me for him to sit down. He followed my hands with his eyes and immediately followed the request, sitting in the seat next to me. I wrapped him in my arms carefully , trying to comfort him. "do you want to tell me what you dreamed about?" I asked cautiously, knowing that he would say no. But I knew I would have to force it out of him, or else it would just keep happening. To my surprise, his mouth flew open as he began to speak.

"It was nothing really. It just scared the living hell out of me. For obvious reasons of course-" I cut him off hoping to get to the point before the sun began to rise.

"What was nothing? Troye. What did you dream about." I asked sternly. His eyes grew wide at my stern tone.

"I told my family I was gay." He said, his voice cracking again, his tone heavy with sadness. His eyes got dark as he spoke.

"They practically disowned me. The knocked me unconscious. I woke up, still in the dream, thinking I was just dreaming the idea and realized I was at a mental hospital. And you were there and you-" he stopped short, braking his eyes away from mine. A subtle blush tinted his neck as he looked down at his lap.

" I what, Troye?" I asked quizzically. He shook his head tentatively. His eyes still locked on the bed in front of him.

"It doesn't matter. It wasn't a big deal anyway. I just need to know that your here. I can't fall asleep." He pleaded. I nodded, sighing at his words. Of course I would be a sucker and give in to his pleas. There was no reason to even fight his cuteness. He smiled at me gratefully and I gave him a reassuring smile in return. I couldn't help but examine his features. His face lacked its usual glowing features and his expression was painful. His eyes were red and puffy and I could see the try tears on his cheeks. I made him lay back on the bed, following behind him, not loosening my tight old on his waist.

"You just need sleep. Here. Lye down" I told him as I fluffed up the pillow next to me. He gave me a small smile before his eyes fluttered shut.

A/N

hey guys. I know it's late in the day and idk why but it took me a long time to write this... It's odd but who knows.

This chapter is dedicated to @kirsty1000 for writing my favorite book ever, "The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window" which inspired this chapter. So you can get the sample of that on here or you can buy it at barns and noble.

Thank you guys and don't forget to comment telling me what you think, share this book with a friend and vote for my story!!! You can follow my tumblr @ryanreeeds and my Twitter @nutellaandranch