Chapter 34: My world Stilled.

After two days in the hospital I was sent home which was great but I felt like I needed a break from everything and everyone. I'm so happy that Bruno suggested us to go to Hawaii because once I got home there was more arguments between my father and Bruno about the baby and the relationship. Most of the time Paul starts it and I have to end it.

It's so sunny and so warm here in Hawaii. I've been here once and that was for work obviously but never for a vacation.

"It's so beautiful", I say as I look at the ocean
"Very", Bruno says holding my hand
"So who else is gonna be at your moms?", I ask
"Jaime, her husband, and kids , Presley and her boyfriend, Tiara, and Tahiti and her kids", he says
"Oh, cool"
"Yeah, you can get to know the sisters", He says

I nodded. We get to his mothers house which a beautiful two or three story home. Bruno parks the car and we get out, as I was getting my bag Bruno was getting our suitcases, and wouldn't let me hold one.

"Nervous?", he asks
"A little", I admitted
"Don't be"

He opens the door and we entered in.

"Ma!", Bruno yells
"Bruno?", She calls and comes in from the kitchen

She sees us and smiles

"You guys made it", she says and hugs each of us
"We said we'll be here", He says
"Well, now that your here you can get settled into your room. Presley and Tiara is here And I'm cooking some food.", she says

We nodded and I follow Bruno up to his room.

"This is your room?", I ask

The room was dark brown, with white dressers, white queen size bed, tan rug, some golden records hanging up, a guitar stand and keyboard, and a personal bathroom.

"Yeah, I bought this for her with my first pay check", he says
"It's beautiful", I say

I sit on the bed and rub my belly.

"Yeah"
"What if we raise the baby here?", I ask
He shakes his head."too many locals and it's a small town. I wouldn't the baby or you bombarded", he says

I nodded.

"Mom!", I hear Jaime
"Let's go have some fun", Bruno says

Later that night...

I was a great time here with everyone. They all accepted me as Bruno fiancé which is great but Jaime and I never really talked at all but her husband was very sweet and kind.

I decided to get some air so I went outside to sit under the canopy outside. I was drinking some juice and looking at my emails for Ryan about the postponed concert and it was the final one for the tour and needed to happen.

I heard some mumbling and I look up to see Bruno and Jaime. I turn my phone off and watch them talk even though I know eavesdropping isn't really good.

"Alright, seriously Bruno Why are you with her? Where is Jessica? Why do you keep avoiding my questions and my phone calls?", She asks
"Jaime, I talked to you before I went to see her in the hospital!"
"Avoiding my questions!"
"Oh my...." Bruno exhaled, shaking his head. "Jessica, wasn't really my go to girl once I heard she was cheating on me"
"But, Bruno she was always with you, especially these past couple months!" She interjected. "If she wasn't your girlfriend, then what was she?"
"A piece of ass!" Bruno admitted through a sarcastic chuckle. "What do you think?"

She sighs.

"What?, Jessica wasn't the love of my life", Bruno says
"And Bella is? Since you've got it all figured out?"

My stomach was seriously doing some acrobatic moves now, hearing my name fall from her. I somehow knew this conversation was going to lead to me.

"Jaime, would you stop throwing Bella into every conversation?"
"No, Bruno, I won't!", she spat
"Lower your voice, she could be around here somewhere."
"No she isn't. For crying out loud, Bruno, I saw her leave the kitchen. Now you're not getting out of this."
"I don't have to explain anything to you.", He says and began walking towards the pool
"What I don't understand is," She continued, "though I do not approve of this, why don't you just ask her o-"
"Because I don't want to! Jesus! Okay? Is that what you want to hear?"
"Bruno," Jaime gasped.

I clutched my hand to my throat, trying to prevent it from closing up all the way. The back of my head began to pulse with pressure. I closed my eyes, regretfully listening more.

Bruno was talking, and I caught, "...I don't want Bella to be my girlfriend! All right? I'm sorry, but I don't. And, maybe I'm not interested in being her boyfriend. I'm not looking for that commitment."
"Why not?" She asked
"Because I don't. This relationship was hopelessly doomed from the start.", He says

I slid down in the chair and swiped away angry tears as I tuned out the rest of their conversation.

I heard all I needed to hear.I look at them and watch them go back inside and closing the door behind them.

Bruno didn't want to be in a relationship with me, after all. He said he wasn't looking for a commitment. He said we were a waste of time. He basically said that he wasn't choosing me.

Why would he lie to me? How could he look me in the eyes and give me false hopes and broken promises?

Why would he reassure me that I had nothing to worry about? How could he make love to me? And how on EARTH could he tell me he loved me, propose to me, and convince me he meant it?

Sobbing, I cradled my face in my hands. None of this made sense. But hearing Bruno-- actually listening to his voice that was once soothing and comforting to me -- say that he didn't want me...

My heart broke.

And I was back to stage one, just as I was when I left to stay with my mother: Alone. Numb. Devoid. Repressed. Abandoned.

I cradled my stomach and looked around, watching the trees move side to side.

Hearing the thunder pounding telling us there was going to be a storm tonight.

Listened to my phone ring and vibrate beside me.

Inside everyone laughing and enjoying one another.

The earth seemed to still be spinning.

But my world? ...It was still.