Maximous!!

The weekend had come and gone in a flash. It felt weird having to go back to work after everything that had taken place. And now I was temporarily living with my boss, the owner of Oscorp Industries. How wonderful! Note the sarcasm.

As I got ready in my separate room, that Harry finally decided to put me up in, I eventually heard a cheerful laughter coming from down stairs. One of which sounded all too familiar to my ears. Peeking my head out the crack of my door, I directed my gaze towards said laughter, to see Harry hugging someone.

A soft gasp escaped my lips and his name flew out my mouth before I could register everything. "Peter!" Practically skipping down freshly waxed staircase, and almost breaking my neck, I jumped into Peter's arms, giving him a deathly bear hug. He could take it.

"Oh Pete, what are you doing here?" I questioned cheerfully as I released him. He looked back and forth between me and Harry and giggled awkwardly. "I could ask you the same thing Lil."

"Wait", Harry interjected, his light brows frowning a bit as he gestured toward Peter and I. "You two know each other?" I smiled knowingly as my fingertips slid from Peter's shoulders.

"Right. Forgot to mention that didn't I?" I quipped as Harry looked at me questioningly. "Petey and I here grew up together, he's been my best friend since we were kids! Practically my third brother."

"Practically?" Peter questioned me in amusement. "Well it certainly wouldn't be fair to Jason if you were like my brother. But I can just be the sister you never had." He giggled at this as he put his arm around my shoulder, slowly leaning in to whisper something.

"Ya know-"

Ahem!

Peter stopped talking and we looked up at Harry, I awkwardly moved away as I noticed the bossman look on his face, he wasn't comfortable with Peter and my friendship.

"Jealous." I mumbled quietly, I could see Peter glance at me intensely from my peripheral, but I chose not to look back at him. "What was that?" Harry asked, he must've heard me mumble. Shit!

"Erm how about you and Peter go out and spend some time together? You two look like you could use some catching up after all!" Peter smiled brightly at the idea and looked to Harry, who was still stood on the stairs a few steps up.

"That's a great idea!"

"No no I can't- I have a company to run."

"Ooh please you own Oscorp now! Who's gonna fire you for taking one day off!?" I said as I stepped to my boss with an evident smirk on my lips. "Forget the office for a few hours and just... Have fun. You only live once right?" I whisper to him trying to smile through my sadness.

He looks me in my eyes examining me closely. His fingers tuck a strand of hair behind my ear gently, before sighing deeply and turning back to Peter, who looked as though he was watching our every movement towards each other.

"Alright, I'll go!"

"Yes!" Peter clapped his hands together excitedly with a bright smile on his face, which sadly fell slightly after hearing Harry's next word.

"But!... Only if Liliya comes with us." Huh?

"You have a deal Mr.Osborn."

In his case he may not live for that much longer. Why not encourage him to be a little rebellious? I just hoped I could find a cure... Before it was too late.

* * *
I did end up spending some time with Peter and Harry, but it seemed they needed a bit of bromance time, so I told them I would be going to work. Peter made sure to remind me to text him later so we could make plans. And Harry seemed content, which was a rare occurrence, and I liked seeing him that way.