Chapter 3

Jason's POV

We just stood there for what seemed like forever. She was all wide eyed, blinking occasionally, her lips were in a big 'O', her cheeks were flushed with pink and she was hiccupping. Basically she was looking the most adorable thing ever and it took everything in me to just not tackle her in my arms and squeeze her madly with a bear hug or to sandwich her cheeks between my lips and hand until her lips pout out. I shook all these devilish thoughts out and just chuckled at her innocence. I licked my bottom lip and nibbled it.

Fine! I give up!

I levelled myself to her eye level and with one last look in her eyes, my lips found her soft cheeks. I pecked her slowly and I could feel heat seeping through her skin. I managed to sneak bags out of her grip in the very moment too.

Did I mentioned I am stressed about my cardiac issues? Yes I did and I swear as much as I enjoy my swelling and racing heart, it seems dangerous for my health. My whole body was covered with trails of goose bumps and my palms were still clammy with nervousness.

What I won't do to have this feeling whole my life! I really can't get used to it.

She felt stiff under my touch but slowly loosened up. I craned my head up to look at her, breaking the touch. Her eyes were partially closed and her lips were twitched in a small smile. Next moment went in a blur. I should have seen it coming.

She swooned backwards and my hands immediately darted towards her, my one hand supported the top of her back and other grabbed her by waist. My skin burned at contact and I couldn't help but smile like an idiot at the feeling of her being in my arms again.

Sudden elevation in brightness snapped me out of my reverie. I squinted in lights and then it dawned. I am Jason Blakely, how is it possible for me to have a normal life in any way? I immediately recognised the lights as camera flash. Traffic lights could turn green any second now and I don't want Violet to be subjected to any negative attention. I quickly removed my hand from her back and positioned them in the crook of her knees, picking her up bridal style. She was still unconscious. I quickly placed my head in front of her face, partially covered with hair, to hide her identity.

Almost hopping my way back to car, I laid her on back seat when Nathan opened the back door. Making my way across the car, I threw her bags in trunk and slid in, her head on my lap. Lights turned green just in time and I sighed.

That was close.

"Now would you care to tell me what the hell was that? Who the hell is she? And how the hell you know her?" Nathan yelled. He was clearly frustrated and confused. But I was too busy beholding her in my eyes that I ignored it. My palms caught fire the moment they touched her cheeks. I slowly caressed them and gently tugged the locks behind her ear. I noticed a scar on the right side of her forehead. It seemed like a cut she got after banging her head on something very hard. My nerves tensed as I touched it.

"Mr Jason freaking Drew Blakely are you gonna answer me or should I personally make sure to kick your fine ass out of the car, tackle you on the ground and beat the daylight out of you till you answer me!!" I could feel Nathan's gaze burning holes in my skin through rear view mirror.

I sighed in frustration, passing a hand through my hair and tucking the ends.

"You will get them as soon as nobody is around." I mumbled.

I could sense his urge to protest but I guess he decided against it and whispered a "Fine" to himself.

"Now tell me how to wake her up."

"Boy you're forgetting that you're the heartthrob here and you get girls swooning not me so you should know the answer not me." He chuckled whole heartedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks for your help duh!" I replied with a sickly sweet smile.

"Anytime bro." he winked playfully.

"Remind me to contemplate why I am friends with you again." I rolled my eyes and he did an 'I don't know' with his hands.

Grabbing my water bottle, I gently poured a few drops in my hand and then dropped them carefully (as if she is a paper doll, I must mention!) on her eyes. She shuddered a bit and then slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes found mine immediately and she mouthed 'this can't be a dream' to her still astonished self.

"It's not a dream I swear." I replied sincerely.

Her eyes then wandered to see her surroundings. She immediately hopped out of my lap upon noticing her position and I inwardly frowned.

"Sorry." She bit her lip and mumbled.

"If it's for hopping out of my lap than it's accepted." I smirked.

And her head immediately jerked to look at me wide eyed. I just laughed and she smacked my arm playfully.

"Ugh Jason!" she crossed her arms over her chest like a 3 year old turned down for ice-cream and pouted.

911 emergency! Help! I am not used to this much adorability and this is getting so hard on me now!! Why aren't these high cuteness levels banned yet? Ugh!

I was busy grinning like an idiot at her when she snapped me back to reality.

"Are you kidnapping me?" she narrowed her eyes for extra dramatic effect. I threw my hands up in fake surrender and soon burst into fits of laughter while Nate was already laughing his ass off.

"She is something Blakely." Nate stated the obvious.

"OH MY BLAKELY! NATHAN IS HERE!!" I was now hyperventilating because of too much laughing and my stomach ached like anything.

She realised the reason soon and scratched her hair nervously.

"Yeah I still say OMB." I caught a glint of pink on her cheeks. Isn't this too easy to get her all blushing?

"Yup I am here-"

"Violet. Violet Simpson." She smiled and that dimple popped up leaving me all breathless.

"Nice to meet you Violet." Nate beamed and wiggled his eyebrows at me through rear view mirror clearly enjoying me jealous.

"Yesh! We are sho into kidnapping you and then we will eat you for dinner!" I again grabbed her attention. This time she burst into a laugh at my failed efforts to sound cute. Nate just smirked at me.

"You are so adorable you know." She managed to speak in between her laughing fits and before I knew she pecked me lightly on cheeks surprising me. I scratched the back of my neck in nervousness.

Thanks to her stomach who solved two huge problems by growling in hunger:

1. How to change the matter and stop embarrassing myself by acting all weird and nervous in front of her.

2. And how to spend more time with her.

I turned at her and she was all red in embarrassment, her left hand pressing her stomach and right one hiding her face slightly.

Damn even stupidest of her gestures are making me crazy!

I beamed at her and clapped my hands in excitement copying Nathan from morning.

"We are going to Mc Donalds." I announced.