XI

When Alexzander came home from the store he heard sobs and whines coming from the bathroom. He made his way there and catched Arlo wiping his eyes.

"Hi Alex". He said with a fake smile.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"N-nothing", Arlo tried to convince Alexzander who walked closer to him, slowly pulling Arlo to his chest.

"Baby, tell me". He tried again.

"Bedroom please, under the blankets. Safe place". Arlo whimpered and Alexzander picked him up and made their little talk cave.

"Okay". He said while rubbing Arlo's thighs. "Are we alright? Can you tell me?" Arlo nodded letting out a sob.

"I called my parents". Alexzander grabbed his hand. "I tried telling them". He choked out as Alexzander stroked his thumb over the other boys' knuckles, feeling the dip between each of them. Arlo looked weak. He started sobbing again.

"Shhh, baby, baby, hey, listen to me". Arlo looked up and Alexzander wiped his tears. "It's okay, you're okay. What did they tell you?" He said in what he hoped was a calming voice.

"That I wasn't a part of this family anymore". He croaked out. Alexzander just looked at him, he didn't even know how to react. How could a parent ever say such things about their child? "They said I was an abomination and they hope we both suffer". Alexzander winced. He pulled the other boy in his lap, holding him tight.

"It's okay, I'm so proud of you. It doesn't matter what they had to say", said Alexzander while cupping Arlo's cheek, he slowly leaned down and connected their lips. "So, so proud baby, you don't even know".

Arlo smiled weakly. "Do you think they'll ever love me again?" He asked, feeling small once again.

"They'll never stop baby, they just have some weird logic going on". Answered Alexzander as they got out from under the covers and Arlo cuddled close to Alexzander. "You know I love you right?" He asked and Arlo nodded.

"Though I have no idea why". He said and Alexzander smiled.

"I'll tell you one day, pinky promise". Alexzander answered as he took their laptop and put on Arlo's favourite movie in an attempt to make the boy forget about this horrible day and his struggles in general. He knew that by doing this he wouldn't make the situation disappear but he didn't know what else to do. He was lost. He didn't understand how as a parent you could let those words leave your lips as if they were nothing. He didn't understand how you could kick your child out of your home for loving another person.

He felt the smaller boys heartbeat on his chest and he knew he had to always be there for him, protect him and make him feel loved at all times.

[edited: 9th August 2016]