Lesson 24

Lesson 24

I think I fell asleep on the floor again. Rays of sunlight were zapping onto my face from the middle of the curtains. I think they were attacking me so they could burn out my eyes. I twist and turn my body to avoid it, but it's not use. It was burning out my face. I cracked open my eyes to see that I was on a weird position on  the one-seated chair; my legs up and my head almost touching to the ground. I woke up completely right after my body uncontrollably starts moving and I slid off the chair, hitting my head onto the coffee table and tons of empty cans fell onto me from the table.

"Sh*t.... F*ck.." I cussed out, rubbing my head. I stood up and look at the clock. F*ck. It's was Sunday, the day of Mr. Chew's dinner. Why did I not remember? And it was already noon, even more sh*ts and f*cks coming out of my mouth.

Looking down at the empty cans of soda cans lying around. I had too much sugar last night. My body is in bad shape at the moment so I probably drank too much, my sugar levels went high, fainted and went into slumber because my body was still weak. I slowly got up, picked up the cans and threw them in a nearby bin. Walking into my room and into the bathroom, I looked like total sh*t. My hair was everywhere and my face looked like I was drooling 90% of the time. There's even dried drool on my face. Gross. I looked at my arms to see my tattoos exposed so I grabbed bandages from the bathroom drawer and started to quickly wrap most of the visible tattoos before washing up.

My phone started ringing the minute I rinsed my crusty face with water. I walked around the house countless times since I didn't remember where I left it, only to find out it was in my pocket. I sighed before grabbing my phone to see Jun calling me. Answering it and putting it close to my ear, I quickly rushed to the closet to get something to wear for the event.

"Kris! Did you not remember what today is?" He yelled over the line. I sighed yet again before struggling to fit my navy blue shorts.

"I know what today is. I just passed out last night and now I'm kind of regretting drinking soda right now.." I said as I finally was able to fit into my shorts and button them up. I searched around in my wardrobe for a white short sleeve collar shirt.

"Wait, you can't drink soda?" He asked.

"Not now, since yah know. But yeah. I'll get there as soon as possible." As I was struggling to get my wallet, my socks, my hat and my shoes, I accidentally tripped and hit the wall to the side. Luckily, I didn't completely fall but my shoulder was still in pain from the injury. I jolted at the shock of pain in my shoulder.

"Hey Kris? We just finish setting up the work and now we are all waiting for you, man." Jun said over the line.

"Okay. Need me to get anything?" I asked.

"Soda? Nah, I was kidding. I think we're fine for now."

"Ok, I'm going. Adios." I said goodbye before hanging up and rushing out of the door as quickly as possible to take a cab.

-

"Ah, here the lucky girl who get to do the hard labor at the end!" Mr. Chew laughed and gave me a big smile. I bowed slightly from the embarrassment.

"Ah, sorry. There was problems with-"

"Don't worry. Jun told us about your soda problem." My eyes widen as I quickly turned my head to see Jun across the table, looking confused at me.