Season 2: Lesson 21

Lesson 21

I guess it was noon because I felt the rays of the sun shining in my face. I felt numb everywhere, from my head to the toes on my feet for a few second before it started going away and my brain suddenly started to control. Starting with my toes slowly moving them. My hands started tingling as they moved to unless I bursted opened my eyes slowly to have so much light coming in. I closed and slightly opened back my eyes before taking up what was in front of me.

What actually was in front of me was a white ceiling. The smell of fluids were around and all I heard was footsteps, movement and beeping noises from the machines that were probably keeping me alive at this moment. I turned my head slightly left to see a window, with the blinds up and the sunshine shinning directly at my chest and I see was the light blue skies with painted clouds. I turned right to see a figure, there head laying down on one of their arm that were on the side of the bed. Looking that it was Yumi, who's face was covered with her silk brown hair. Her hand laid on my thigh. With my right arm casted from the injury and slightly feeling pain whenever I move a few centimeters, I slowly tried to touch her hand. I didn't know why, it was like I craved it. I need to touch her soft hands again like on the late day that I saw her before sh*t went down. I touched lightly as my hand wrapped around hers.

I smiled before thinking," how long has she been here? Has she been taking care of herself?" Footstep were heard and we're coming closer and then the room door slide open. Walking in was Jun, Hye, and apparently Mr. Cheong, holding paper bags and plastic bags of take out boxes. All of their eyes widen when they saw me and all I did was place my index finger on my lips since I didn't want them to disturb sleeping beauty beside me. Mr, Cheong backed up and rushed into the hallway.

I'm glad that they were alright. I was glad that my body can subtend the blows.

I'm glad that I'm alive.

-

"Ms. Park, age 16, blood type A, and a survivor I should say," Dr. Kim chuckled and smiled at me as many nurses checked my pulse and my breathing. Everyone; Mr. Cheong, Jun, Hye, and Yumi stood beside the doctor, who was holding the clipboard and putting his pen to his lips.

"You have a broken right arm that you can see, some bruises around your lower torso and legs and some small cuts. Those are your minor injuries to your incident. The serious problem was when the ambulance came to pick you up, your spleen ruptured and your head was injured to the point that we needed surgery. You passed out on our trip to the hospital and luckily you survived from internal bleeding and loss of blood from your head. Otherwise, you are fine." He smiled at me as I calmed myself down. I was fine. Nothing serious happen, beside almost dying from internal bleeding, but I'm fine.

"Thank you Doc." I gave him a light smile.

"You welcome. You should be here for healing for 3-4 weeks and then I'll assign you to physical therapy for you arm and for anything you need help. If you need any assistance, you can press the red button on the side of the nightstand." He pointed with his pen towards the red emergency button. I nodded.

"Thank you Doctor," Mr. Cheong replied before escorting the doctor out of the room with a flood of nurses behind him. Everyone else sighed before sitting on the chairs beside my bed. Jun and Hye sat on my left and Yumi sat on my right.

"Kris, did you know how long you were in a coma for?" Jun asked. I nodded back for no.

"2 weeks," Hye said. My eyes were widening and I was shocked.