Lesson 7

Yumi-

What is happening? Is this real? After going into a daydream about the girl that saved my life,  God entered my dream and actually brought her to me. Never expected her to actually enter my life again. But there she is, at my school, in my classroom, and sits at the desk next to me. Now I needed to keep my composure and keep calm as the rule stated. But it's not that I'm against it or anything.

That whole situation happened a week ago and I'm still in mental shock. Before, everyone was around Kris twenty four seven the past week, but we all eventually adapted to Kris as a good student. When the first week past, I started to take more interest on her then I intended.

She was focused most of the time, especially in classes that we had Mr. Chew. Normally, she would listen to music and would mostly sketch in her sketchbook that was hidden under her piles of notebooks and papers.

Sometimes when I would glance over to see what she was doing, she was either writing notes down, sketching, or just sleep on her desk. It was cute to see her staring at the white pages for sometime of her notebook before her hand started scribbling. She looked to have some piercings on one ear. I also noticed that she bandaged most of the places that are viewable such as her neck and her arms.

She looked like a normal student to everyone else, but to me, she was a little special. I couldn't put my finger on it, but she was something. She would give me goosebumps or make my spine shiver sometimes, but my curiosity to learn about her increased.

There was one day that really caught my eye. It was a couple of days after she transferred; after Mrs. Jung's physics lesson., we had some time before next class started. Kris had left class with Jungmin to go to the teachers office. I started to daydream about her again before ChinSun and InCho interrupted.

" YUMI!" ChinSun yelled into my ear as I finched, causing myself to fall off my seat and hit the floor. Everyone who was still in the classroom started at me and I looked at them in disgust as a small pain rushes from my recovering injury. They both looked at each other in shock before rushing over to my side to help.

"Don't do. that every again!" I yelled at them before lifting myself up, sitting back down in my seat.

"Sorry... but I have to ask, what was with that question you asked Kris." ChinSun said. I looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"The "Do you remember me?" dramatic crap a couple days ago." InCho answered. I looked at InCho then to ChinSun before sighing with frustration.

"I don't want to talk about me, but you leave me no choice," I sighed out as both of them grabbed chairs to sit closer to me, chanting 'Tell us! Tell us!' with their hands up. "When you guys left weeks ago, I walked down the crosswalk and was almost run over by a drunk driver, and she, coincidentally, was across from me and recused me, then I sprained my ankle and she took me to her place and bandaged my injury." I said.

"Eh? Sounds like some romantic drama that I'd watch!" ChinSun grinned while InCho nudged her arm.

As we talked about other things, a bunch of girls in the middle of the class started to throw papers and books at a student, who was just quietly sitting at her desk. These particular bunch of girls were the"Pyeong-Gyun saekkideul" of St. Agnes Academy. (Trans: Mean Bitches) They have some snobby, rich families and act like they are popular, but every single student knows they are nothing but snobby, spoiled brats. They have a reputation of bullying and harassing different girl students in the school that lead to serious action, but they are charged-free at the end of every case. The b-tchy group consist of the second ranked popular girl, Iseul Mok, then her goons, Jin Sheen and Shik Nahm. Everyone nicknames them: Monkey, Sh-ten, and Sh-t.

Their next target is Hye Myung. She's the quietest student in the school, and disappears once the bell rings most of the time; her face gotten gray with her eyes puff red from crying and her short, shoulder-length hair tangled into a mess. Rarely I didn't see her in a happy mood. It was from the abuse she's getting from them and everyone knew. She looked like she didn't even want to be on earth anymore. I worried for her as a classmate; there was one time where ChinSun asked if she wanted to join for lunch, but she denied it and disappeared into the crowded halls. She thinks people close would leave her when she needed it the most. Similar to me.

This was a situation where I was stuck between my soul heart and my safety rules. I did want to help Hye and be her friend for the longest time, we both needed friends, but I didn't want to get involved with the Pyeong-Gyun saekkideul. They are sneaky rats that would do anything to sabotage someone's entire existence. I didn't care about mine, but they have the tendencies to attack the closest.

As the class became silent except with the exceptional small gossips, the bullying and harassing got worse as Sh-ten Sheen pushed everything off the desk while Monkey Iseul started pulling her hair in her crusty hand, making her cry in pain. Everyone, including me , became innocent bystanders, frightening with fear as we watched the horror commencing. She didn't really do anything to deserve this cruel punishment and everyone knew that, but we knew the last person who went in their way had a severe consequence. That person ended up leaving for good.

The front door sides open as Kris walks in,
joyful before walking into the horror in the classroom. She glances at everyone with confusion before watching the assault in the middle of the classroom. Her face darkens as she just stood in place like the rest, watching as Hye scream louder and louder. Chairs and desks were moving everywhere and papers were flying. Glancing back at Kris, who's face turned into anger, her hands balling up into a fist. She walked up to Monkey Iseul and slapped her hand where she was pulling Hye's hair. Kris then glared at Iseul with a deathly look before grabbing Hye's arm and running out of the classroom.

All I heard was gasps and whispers from some classmates and Iseul cussing under her breath.

Some everyday hero.

A/n: Thanks for reading! This one chapter kind of was a experience in both Yumi's eyes and Hye's eyes and you guys might relate. Bullying is a huge and heavy subject and if you are bullied or have others, seek help, help them, help yourself. But anyway, I'll see you guys in the next chapter.