Lesson 3

Yumi-

I open my eyes to see that we were standing in the middle of a empty hallway. The girl carrying me was struggling to get something out of her pocket. As I stared at her rummaging from the back to the front of her pants, she grabbed a small key with a heart keychain; she unlocked the door and carried me into a bright furnished white room.

The light shined in my face for a second before it died down and I could fully see the decorated place. With a kitchen out in front of the open living room, it was spacious. Even though the room was bland, it was a cozy white with photographs and pieces of art hanging around the walls. The floor was dark oak from the kitchen and stopped the living room, which had grey carpet.

She placed me down on the white couch and scurried into the dark corridor of the apartment. I looked around, seeing a bunch of gaming systems; the shelves were filled with framed photos of what seem to be her and her friends. Caucasian friends. There was also something that caught her eye. It was a big framed picture of a portrait. With the finest detail of the face to the light and dark parts of the hair, it was as if it was a perfect black and white photograph. It was a drawing of an older women, with eyes of kindness, and probably a heart of warmth. I didn't know why, but I was attracted to it; it made me yearn for something that I didn't have before.

I suddenly thought to myself, Why am I here? I am risking more than my life right now. Ms. Gunther is at home, probably worrying about me. I need to go home soon.

I didn't noticed that the girl bandaged my ankle until she locked eyes with mine.

"You're good to go," she looked at me in confusion. I stared at her, confused like a lost puppy and looked down at the bandaged ankle. I nervously nodded at her and looked anywhere but her eyes. She chuckled and placed her hand on my head. Then I felt my cheeks turning red again. She removed her hand and firmly placed my hat on that I wore earlier. I looked at her and saw that she was looking away, seeing her cheeks in a shade of pink. I felt my chest beating like drum and my stomach turning inside out. She was way too cute.

Remembering the rule to smile for politeness, I smiled at her and stood up from the couch. "Thank you for saving my life," I said. She still was looking away from me, but she just nodded and choked up a little. She quickly glanced at me before walking to the door. She opened it and waited for me to exit, with her head down. I took my things and stopped where she was, waving at her before walking out. When the door closed behind me, I let out a huge sigh as I held my hand to my chest, which continued to beat faster. I chucked before whispering softly to myself.

Too cute.

A/n: So what you think? Love at first sight? The chapter is short, so I apologize. Comment? Thanks for reading by the way, I appreciate it baka.