fifteen

After the incident earlier in the day, Rachel had been guarded in case something were to happen again- this added to the girls' aggravation. Eventually, she just yelled at everyone to 'leave her the shuck alone' and bolted towards the woods. Nobody dared go after her, knowing better than to try to calm the feisty brunette down.

    Rachel had walked angrily towards the forest before taking off in a full sprint in a way to calm her nerves. Rachel rested in a tree silently beating herself up because she couldn't remember how to leave. Rachel wasn't blind, she could see that everyone was miserable in the Glade, their situation wasn't just something you dress up to try to seem like they could make it work. And even though they did 'make it work', everyone could see through the facade. The only thing Rachel could do was help them find a way out. And she was failing at that, too.

    I just want to meet my brother, she thought. But, no. I'm stuck in a freaking maze. Fabulous. The brother she couldn't remember. The only thing Rachel had been thinking of for months. I need to stop. He's distracting me from the real problem. The maze. Rachel pushed the heels of her hands into her eyes and sighed. She quickly pushed back loose strands of hair and held her head up higher. I'll get them out, she thought. Then I'll worry about my brother.

    Little did she know the task would be harder than she originally anticipated.

~

    "What the shuck are you talking about?"

    After working with Winston in the bloodhouse for a few hours, Rachel was summoned to the med tent, courtesy of Clint saying that Gally wanted to see her. She should've stayed with the dead animals.

    "Its a simple question. Nick said you went through the same thing I did, so when did you get stung?"

    Rachel glared at him, his abnormally large nose once again stealing her attention. How is it possible that someone's nose is that big? "None of your business."

    This time, Gally glared. "Come on, Rachel. It's just a question."

    Rachel rolled her eyes and turned to leave. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was happening, something big. It was probably nothing, but she wanted to make sure everyone was okay. And, assuming his ego didn't get bigger, Rachel gave Gally a mental clean bill of health.

    "Wait!"

    Rachel huffed, but nonetheless turned around to face Gally. "What?" she snapped.

    "I saw you. You-"

    "I don't care what you saw," she said, cutting him off. She was about to leave again but turned around and slightly smirked when she said, "Oh, and, don't choke on your words."

    Gally let her leave this time, what he saw when he was out echoing in his head.

    "Subject B13. The Warrior."

    Warrior? Please, he scoffed. That girl is no warrior.

    Rachel didn't turn around and ask what he was scoffing at, instead walking out of the room and down the hall of Med Tent.

    The twisted feeling in her stomach increased, making Rachel nervous. She picked up her pace until she was running out of the structure. What she saw forced a wave of emotions coursing through her, but the most prominent of them all? Anger. A burning, seething rage brighter than the sun. A single, robotic voice made its' way into Rachels' mind. A command she didn't hesitate to follow.

Kill him.

~

Nick was annoyed beyond belief. Following was one thing, threatening was another. Nobody threatened his friends.