Chapter Seven

The next morning, Scott woke us up bright and early. When I looked over at the alarm clock on the bedside table and noticed it was 4:30 in the morning, I swear, I could have killed the man. He insisted that Brock get to the gym and put in a few hours of training before the fight. I thought it was absolutely pointless and I think Brock did too, but he went anyway. Probably just to shut him up.

           He wasn't too keen on leaving me alone, but I assured him I would behave and keep my phone on at all times. Once he was gone, I ended up going back to bed. It was too early to wake up on a Saturday and my body agreed. When I did get up for the day, I text Brock and let him know that I was fine and was going to go shopping for a bit for the kids. I knew if we came back empty handed they would be disappointed and I was looking forward to finding something for each of them in Vegas.

           Turns out, I didn't just buy for them. I ended up buying some new shoes and a couple outfits, as well as a few things for Brock. He hated shopping and by looking at his wardrobe, you could tell. All in all, I was gone a few hours and returned to the hotel by mid-afternoon. I felt pretty relaxed and thought that the shopping trip had helped calm my nerves. "Somebody's been busy..." Brock adds as I sit the bags beside our luggage.

           "Yeah, well, I did buy for everybody. It's not all mine."

            He chuckles. "I didn't think it was. How's the head?"

           "Fine, not a single ache all day. I think I've found the cure."

           He seemed curious. "Really? What is it?"

           I smiled. "Shopping."

           He rolled his eyes. "I'm sure it helped but I doubt it's the cure."

           Our playful talk ended quickly as Scott waltzed into the living area. "It's time to get to the arena, we've got lots to do." Once he sees us, he stops and glares. "Why aren't you ready? Brock, you should've been ready an hour ago and Casey, surely you aren't wearing that."

           So, I was wearing a PTA t-shirt and jeans. Last I checked it wasn't a crime. "No, I'm not wearing this. And even if I was, it's none of your business."

           "Just look nice for the cameras." He adds, blowing me off. "You've got fifteen minutes. Now, hurry." He left as quickly as he came. Thank God.

           When I turned back around, Brock was smiling at me. "What?"

           He shrugs. "Nothing... I just thought you would wear that."

           I knew he was joking, unlike Scott. "Obviously not, but it's still none of his business. I mean, did you honestly think I was going to go on live television wearing the local elementary school's PTA shirt? No." I rolled my luggage into the bathroom and started getting ready. Despite what Scott thought, I had planned my clothing of choice and made sure it was of the proper standards...

 Despite what Scott thought, I had planned my clothing of choice and made sure it was of the proper standards

           After my makeup and hair was done, I slipped on my heels and took a look at myself in the mirror. I had to admit, I looked pretty good... Once I looked myself over, I went back into the bedroom and found Brock ready to go. He was in his signature t-shirt with athletic pants, and Nike's. When he heard the click clack of my heels, he turned to me as his eyes widened. "Dang, hot momma!"

          I knew I blushed but I couldn't help it. "Diva clothing. I'm surprised it even fit." I muttered as a bang at the door ruined the moment.

           "Let's go! I said fifteen minutes! It's been twenty!"

           I groaned and looked to Brock. "Instead of fighting Stuart, can't you just fight him? And like, I don't know, kill him?"

           He chuckled. "No, Case. I think that would be considered murder."

           "Uh, stupid laws." A part of me knew I was just kidding but other part wasn't so sure. After grabbing our things, we met Scott in the hallway and left the hotel through the back exit. We entered the arena through an entrance for talent only and were ushered to Brock's locker room. I was new to the whole experience and knew things would be different but was still surprised to see how large the room was. A catering table had been set up on one wall, a stretching area adjacent to that, a sitting area beside the door, as well as a private bathroom. The room itself had to be at least twice the size of a WWE locker room.

           Once we were settled in, Scott went to get a schedule from Dana's office. While he was gone, I sat beside Brock and FaceTime'd the kids. Mya answered before the second ring faded. "We've been waiting for you to call! Is it time to start yet?" She asked as the rest of the kids gathered round.

           I shook my head. "No, not yet. We still have a little while to go. What have you guys been up to?"

           Alanna replied. "Olivia's been letting me and Mya go up to the house to check on the horses. I brushed them all this morning and gave Surprise a bath. She'd been playing in the mud again."

           Brock rolled his eyes. "Sometimes I wonder if she'll ever grow up."

           Alanna chuckled. "She will, daddy. She done really well this morning when I took her out to practice. She's learned all the stances and listened to all my commands. I think we should show her soon."

           "Do you think she's ready?" Brock asked.

           She nodded. "I think she could win."

           "Okay, we'll look into competitions in the area when we get home."

           Alanna smiled widely as Natalie came into the picture. "When do I get to ride? I want to ride Surprise." She pouted.

           I grinned, knowing she wanted to follow in Alanna's footsteps. "You're still too little, dear. I promise, you can show horses just like Alanna when you're older. You may even get your own, if you're good..."

           She squealed. "Oh, can I, daddy? Can I, please?"

           Brock responded. "We'll see."

           As Scott returned, we said our goodbyes as the kids made us promise to call as soon as the fight was over. I thought it was cute to see them so excited and for a minute, as Scott went over the schedule, I thought about my life before Brock. Alanna and I living alone in Kentucky with no real life and then meeting Brock and visiting Minnesota... I would have never in a million years fast forwarded my life and saw my marriage to Brock or having Natalie and Ajay. I thought Alanna was it for me but thankfully, someone had other plans. Not only did I get two more biological kids of my own, but I got three beautiful step-children...

           "Five minute warning!" I heard someone yell as I snapped out of my daydream. How long had it been? I could have sworn it was just a couple seconds... I looked up and found Brock in his trunks with Scott beside him. As I stood and joined them, it hit me that this was it. In a few minutes, Brock would be in the octagon and I would be standing with Scott and the medics, hoping that nothing would go wrong.

           I felt the color drain from my face as my anxiety level increased. I took a few deep breaths and prayed that both of us would get through this without any complications but no matter how many times I told myself that, my heart rate increased. I tried to control it to no avail as we walked through the corridors toward the main arena.

           Cameras met us just outside the door and a few seconds later, we were signaled that we were live. Brock's theme echoed through the arena as we made our way toward the octagon and that was when the aching started...