Chapter Two

The next morning, I got the kids on the bus and then dropped off Ajay at Olivia's before returning home to get ready. Brock had contacted Dana right after we discussed it and we were to meet him downtown for coffee at nine. I had mentally prepared myself ever since or at least tried. I could tell Brock was a little excited and I tried to be too, but I just couldn't make up my mind. I knew he wanted to fight, but there were so many unknowns that scared me. Was he healthy enough? Would the diverticulitis come back? Would a life-threatening injury occur? All those things were crossing my mind and I just wasn't sure that it was worth the risk.

           "Case? Are you ready yet?" Brock called from the living room.

           I searched through my closet as I answered. "Almost!" Truth was, I was still in my robe and had no idea what to put on. I didn't want to wear my mommy clothes, it was a business meeting, but the only other thing I had was my old diva clothes. Half of them didn't fit anymore but knowing I was running out of time, I threw what I could together.

           I quickly grabbed my purse and met Brock in the truck. "I haven't seen you where that in a long time..." He adds, pulling out of the driveway.

           "Yeah, well, it isn't exactly practical when you're wrestling with kids all day." I stared out the window and took in the sights as we made our way into the city. I was still conflicted and hoped whatever Dana had to say would give me my answer.

           Brock glanced at me every few minutes until he finally spoke. "If you don't want me to do this, just say the word and I'll call and cancel."

           I shook my head. "No, I agreed that we would hear him out and that's what we're going to do."

           He said nothing more until we parked at the coffee shop. "Before we go in there, we need to be on the same page. I need to know what you're thinking in that pretty little head of yours."

            I sigh before responding. "I know that you want to do this. I may have not been with you the last time you were here, but I've heard the stories and I know you almost died. I don't care about the money, we're set and so are the kids but I know you aren't the type of guy that can stay at home every day and do nothing. I just want you to take into consideration the unknowns. What if you get sick again? What if you get injured or worse? The UFC isn't the WWE and you can't fake it. These guys are brutal fighters."

           He shrugs. "They may be but I'm better and you know it. As for the 'what ifs', they'll always be there. All I can do is train my hardest and try to prevent them the best that I can..." He pauses. "Case, I don't want to do this without you. I know the UFC is different, I've done it before. I know I can do this but I can't fight knowing you don't want me to... If I did this against your will, I'd never forgive myself."

           I could tell he wanted this and I knew that I couldn't stop him. If he really wanted to get back out there and fight, then so be it. I was just going to have to put on my brave face. That was all I could do. "Then let's go see what he says."

           He smiled as we walked inside hand-in-hand. We were ushered to a private room where Dana and a coffee bar awaited. "Brock, long time no see." Dana stood to shake our hands as we sat in front of him. "And Casey, nice to meet you as well."

           I smiled as Brock spoke. "So, what's your proposition?"

           Dana chuckled. "Brock Lesnar, always one to get down to business. Well, I was informed that you had retired from the WWE a few weeks ago and I meant to reach out sooner, but things came up and I got a little busy... As you know, UFC 200 is in two weeks. Yesterday, I got word that one of my fighters dropped out due to injury. I need someone to replace him in the heavyweight division and you came to mind."

           Shocked, I responded. "You want Brock to be ready to fight in two weeks?"

          He nods. "Sure do and I wouldn't ask if I knew that he couldn't do it. He's always ready to get in the octagon and I know he's ready to come back. He wants to prove to everyone that he's still the biggest, baddest man on the planet."

          Brock smiles. "True but she's right. Two weeks isn't a long time to train."

          "No, it isn't for someone who's out of shape. But you and I both know that you're already in athletic shape and all you need is to brush up on the moves." Dana could tell that we were both a little hesitant. "Look, I know you're old trainer is still around here somewhere, if I can get him to work with you again, will you do it?"

          Brock glances at me and then back to Dana. "I won't do anything that she doesn't feel comfortable with so we'll need time to think about it. I can give you an answer by tomorrow morning."

          Dana nods. "That's perfectly fine. I completely understand but just know this. If you do come back, I can promise you a 15% bonus on every fight plus 10% of sales and I can guarantee a championship fight at the next pay-per-view."

          As Brock shifted, I knew he wanted this. "Dana, can you give us a second to talk?" I ask.

          "Sure. I'll be right outside." He stands and walks out the exit, closing the door behind him.

          I turn to Brock. "What are you waiting for?"

          He looked at me questioningly. "What?"

          "Brock, you want to do this, I see it. There's no point of making him wait until tomorrow for an answer that we have today. Just tell him to write up the contract."

          He takes his hand and lays it on my forehead. "Are you sick?"

          I swat it away. "No, just tell him."

          He sighs. "I would be lying if I said I didn't want to sign right now but like I said, I don't want you to worry and be miserable."

          I shake my head. "I'll always worry but I won't be miserable like you will if you don't do it. I never thought I would wrestle again after I had Alanna but I did. I got to do what I love one more time. Maybe this is your opportunity."

          He smiled. "I love you."

          I roll my eyes. "You get on my nerves sometimes, but I love you too." I joke.

          He chuckled and kissed me before going to tell Dana the news. He was excited and I was excited for him but I hoped that we had made the right decision...