Chapter Five

The next morning, we woke up around 4:30 and got ready for our flight. Brock had a weigh-in this afternoon with Stuart so we couldn't be late. Knowing that I wouldn't have much time to get ready when we landed, I went ahead and dressed in public attire. It was going to be televised but it wasn't as big of a deal as the actual fight, so I toned it done a little and made it slightly more casual.

           On our way to the airport, I got a call from Mya. I was surprised to see that she was up this early. "Hello? Is something wrong?" I answer.

           She chuckles. "Nope, everything's fine. Is dad with you?"

           "Yes."

           "Then put us on speaker." I did as she said and held the phone out so Brock could hear. "Hey, dad! We wanted to tell you something..." She pauses as I hear whispering in the background.

           "Daddy, good luck at your fight! I know you'll win!" Alanna adds.

           Brock smiles. "Thank you, Alanna."

           "Yeah, daddy! Good luck! You're the best!" Natalie yells into the phone.

           There's a pause before Ajay comes on. "Daddy, are you gonna suplex 'em?"

           I couldn't help but laugh as Brock answered. "I don't know, buddy. We'll see. But if I do, it'll be for you."

           Mya comes back to the phone. "We know your busy and need to get to the airport, so we'll let you go. We just wanted to wish you good luck and mom," She whispers. "Please bring dad back in one piece."

           I nod. "I'll do my best."

           "Bye!" They all yell as the call ends.

           I chuckled as I slid the phone back into my purse. "No kid would wake up at five AM to tell their dad good luck at work."

           Brock smiles. "Except ours." He circles the parking garage a few times before finding a spot. We get out and get our luggage before heading inside. "How's that head of yours?"

           "Attached."

           He grimaced. "Without the sarcasm, please."

           "It's fine. Now, stop worrying about me and focus on you."

           We went inside and met a security guard who was waiting for us. We followed him down some hallways and out to the private runway, where a jet was waiting. When we boarded, we found Scott waiting. "Hey, guys! Dana really went all out, eh?" He adds, going through a fruit basket.

           I rolled my eyes and sat at the booth next to the kitchenette. This was going to be a long flight, even though it was just two hours. Scott and I still weren't getting along and for the sake of Brock's sanity, I was keeping my mouth shut. Or I was going to at least try.