"Jerks," I mutter.

Michael sits back down, this time closer to me.

"Hey I'm sorry about that—"

"I'm used to idiots like them," I roll my eyes.

"That's not fair. They shouldn't have said that," he retorts.

"How do you know them anyway?" I ask, changing the subject.

"We're on the varsity football team. A bunch of them are jerks and airheaded."

"Yeah you'll eventually become like that too," I smirk.

"Hey! Not in a million years."

"I don't know, you're the cookie cutter all-American boy."

"And you're beautiful," he smiles.

I blush. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

****

(Kaitlyn)

"Okay so I was thinking we should go to all the costume stores after school to try to piece together our costumes, and whatever we don't find, we can order online," I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan," Henry says.

"I was scrolling through Pinterest and I saw some people dress up as Cat Peach and Cat Mario..."

Henry scrunches his eyebrows.

"...Or is that doing too much?" I laugh.

"I don't want to dress like a cat," he scowls.

"It's not just a cat, but whatever," I jokingly roll my eyes.

"Let's just stick to regular Mario and Peach," he chuckles.

The bell rings, signaling the end of homeroom.

"Bio or...?"

"Nah, yesterday bored me, I can't bother today," I answer.

I can't stand the teacher either, and of course, the subject is boring. Not a great combination.

The teacher, Mrs. somebody, used to report me to the front office–but both she and the front office gave up on the cause. I am slick when it comes to hiding, so they never caught me skipping.

Plus, everyone knows, or I'm assuming everyone knows, the hall cameras don't work. They're only there to scare students from doing every wrong thing I did.

He chuckles, "Alright, I'll send you the notes after class."

"Alright see ya."

"See ya."

I begin walking down the crowded hall. I reach my beautiful diarrhea green locker and pop it open with my little trick. I throw my bag in there and slam it shut.

I make my way to the girl's bathroom to hide out in one of the stalls. Camping out in the bathroom until after the bell rings is crucial to my skipping routine so that lingering teachers don't chastise me for not being in class.

The door flies open, and a bunch of giggles follows.

"Omg did you get an invite to Michael's Halloween bash?" One girl asks.

"No, did you?" Another answer.

"What? Really? I got an invite this year!"

"Omg no way! How? That's not fair!"