12. 'I love you too, Kol'

'Woke Up In Tears With You By Side, Breath Of Relief & I Realised...No, We're Not Promised Tomorrow.' ~ Like I'm Gonna Lose You, Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend.

Chapter 12

Kat's P.O.V

"Kol?"I gasped as his voice rang out through the speaker. "Is it really you?" 

"Kat." He breathed and I could hear the happiness in his voice. "Has he hurt you, in any way?"

I smiled slightly at his concern for me. "I'm fine, Kol, he hasn't done anything to me."

Kol explained to me how he got Sophie Devereux, Jane-Ann's sister, to do a locator spell for me so they could come get me so I told him where Tyler had gone, Kol then assured me that he, Elijah and Hayley were coming to get me.

Once we hung up I waited and waited for a while until finally the door was kicked down, flying against the opposite wall. Running up to my handsome saviour of a boyfriend, he picked me up and spun me around before pulling me into a tight hug.

"It felt like you'd been gone for ages," He whispered. "I don't ever want you to do that again, you should have asked us what we wanted to do first, Kat."

"I know, I'm sorry, Kol, I just wanted to keep you guys safe."

"I know, Kat, I know, and I love you for it."

"I love you too, Kol."

Elijah and Hayley went to find Rebekah and Klaus, who were off taking care of Tyler while Kol and I travelled back to the compound and when we got there Kol took me around the back and my mouth dropped open.

There were flowers scattered around, fairy lights hanging from the trees that surrounded and to top it all off, there was a table in the middle with candles on it and rose petals, along with two plates of food.

"I compelled someone to make it for us." Kol whispered in my ear before leading me over to the table and pulling a chair out for me and once I was sat he pushed me in and took his own seat.

We ate the steak whoever it was prepared for us before we sat in silence, Kol gazing at me with love and adoration clear in his eyes. "I love you so much." He smiled at me.

"I love you too, Kol, always and forever."

Just as I said that 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' by Meghan Trainor and John Legend started on the small radio that was placed near the table and Kol stood up, taking my hand in his and leading me away. He placed one of his hands in mine, the other on my waist while my arm was around his neck and my head was resting against his chest.

"Kat," Kol spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "I watched you from the other side once I'd died, I watched you until I couldn't watch even one more tear fall from your beautiful eyes because I was afraid I would have broken. All I wanted was for you to be happy, and you weren't and I blamed myself for such a long time. When I finally came back and saw you hated me, I was so angry at Klaus I wanted to kill him, but I got you back and that was probably the happiest moment of my entire 1000 years on this Earth. I guess what I'm trying to say, Katara, is that I never want to lose you ever again and I want to make sure you stay by my side always and forever."

Kol pulled away and I felt tears well up in my eyes. "My love for you is too big to put into words and if I ever lost you I don't know what I'd do. I'd be broken. I know, I'm not the best person for you and I know I'm reckless and dangerous most times but I do love you, and I always will."

Tears were streaming down my face as he got down on one knee. "So, Katara Holtby," He said while pulling a box out of his pocket, opening it to show a gorgeous ring. "Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

A/N

Guys, I can't even. The feels are real. AAMASKASALSKA. 

~Aimee<3