4. 'Welcome Back'

Kat's P.O.V

I was laid in bed, mindlessly playing on my phone when the door suddenly burst open and Klaus emerged with an angry expression plastered on his face.

"Get up, get ready," He told me coldly. "We have somewhere to be."

Not wanting to anger him any more than he seemed to be, I hopped out of bed and threw on a top, jeans and a leather jacket along with my trusty old converse before following Klaus out of the mansion.

Approximately half an hour later we happened to arrive in the main part of New Orleans. I spied Marcel a few feet away with his day walkers crowding around a young woman with dark hair.

"Who's that?" I asked Klaus curiously.

If Klaus ever needed someone to help him with spying or something like that, he would come to me instead of Rebekah or Elijah. He came to believe that I could be trusted more than them and although I was still human, I could kick some ass when I wanted to.

Klaus and I began nearing the group of vampires. "That's Jane-Ann Devereux"

Marcel spun suddenly, his eyes finding Klaus and me before he began grinning a wide devious smile. Approaching us, Marcel rested a hand on my shoulder and his other hand on Klaus' shoulder.

"Glad you could make it, Jane-Ann here has been caught doing magic," Marcel told us. "So we're just going to make her pay the price."

It all happened so fast. Marcel had somehow pulled a branch off a nearby tree and cut Jane-Ann's throat with it making her fall lifelessly to the floor. I huffed, turned around and folded my arms, disgusted with the scene that was replaying behind my closed eyes.

"Katara." I heard Marcel call. "I see you're the only human here."

I open my eyes, he was only inches away from my face. Gulping and nodding nervously, Marcel pushed me back until I was in the middle of the small ring of vampires. I could feel my stomach churning and my palms sweating at the thought of what could happen as they all neared closer to me.

One of them charged at me using their vampire speed, fangs piercing my neck as he sucked my blood like he hadn't fed in years.

Before I lost consciousness, I realised what was happening and kidded the vampire harshly in the balls before running away as fast as my legs would carry me. That wasn't the best idea; since they were vampires they all appeared in front of me once again.

My head snapped to the right and I spied a chair sitting outside one of the many closed shops. I charged towards it quickly and snapped a leg off before shoving it viciously into the heart of the nearest vampire, causing them to turn grey and fall to the ground. My mouth dropped open as I felt something change within me.

"Kill her." Marcel spat from where he was stood beside Klaus who just stood there looking guilty.

"What's going on here?" I heard someone else's voice say.

My breath got caught up in my throat, I lost all ability to speak as my eyes wandered to the man who broke my heart. Kol Mikaelson stood before me in all his glory, but I felt nothing but hatred towards the man who cheated on me with some blonde bitch in a bar. The man I'd hated since I'd first laid eyes on him, the one who was killed by my 'best friend'.

"Kat." He smiled at me before running towards me with a smile on a face, but I just gave him a cold glare in return.

"Welcome back," I said sarcastically.

Kol's head slowly turned towards Klaus who looked absolutely shell-shocked that his little brother had just risen from the dead. "What did you do?" Kol growled angrily. "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

A/N

Okay this is the last update until I reach about 50 views ;3 I hope you guys don't mind too much and don't go insane without any updates (Jk) <3 Hope you liked itt <3

~Aimee<3