Read My Lips: Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

Zach Danvers: Hey, how are you?

Maisie Evans: Hi, I’m fine, how are you?

Zach Danvers: I’m good, a little bruised, but good.

Maisie Evans: What do you mean bruised?

Zach Danvers: I got into a little fight, no big deal. Don’t worry about it J

Maisie Evans: Ok… sure.

Zach Danvers: So, about that maths tutoring, are you still up for it?

Maisie Evans: Um, sure. When are you free?

Zach Danvers: I guess I could make Thursday’s my tutoring night. Does that work for you?

Maisie Evans: Sure, that works. I gotta go, bye.

Zach Dancers: Awesome! Oh, ok, bye.

She went offline and left me sat there grinning. I was looking forward to spending more time with her, even if it was just to study. There was something about her that had me hooked; her accent. Why people laughed at her. Things like that. Just her all together, she seems very interesting.

Maisies p.o.v

“I going to bed, night.” I said after I shut my laptop off.

“Night sweetie.” Mum said getting up and hugging me.

I hugged dad after her then went upstairs to my room. I set my laptop down on my desk and made my way over to me bed. Before going on my laptop, I had already showered and changed so there was nothing for me to do except go to bed.

Once my blinds and curtains were shut, I turned on my bedside lamp and climbed into bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. I lay on my side facing the door and slowly drifted off into a sleep.

         When morning arrived, I was woken up by my mum shaking me. “Get up, Maisie. Breakfast is ready and set on the table.” She smiled.

“Ok, I getting up.” I replied groggily, sitting up and wiping my eyes.

I let out a yawn before I climbed out of bed and made my way to my closet to decide on what to wear. After a while of deciding, I eventually chose a pair of jeans and a long sleeved top. Nothing fancy but it was fine considering I only had school.

Downstairs, mum had already set the table with pancakes and orange juice. I sat down at the table on the seat beside Austin and opposite my dad. My mum set down some pancakes in front of Austin and I then sat down opposite him.

“Do you want a ride to school, sweetie?” Dad asked, putting his last piece of pancake in his mouth.

“Yeah, sure.” I smiled, starting on my on pancakes.

“Ok, I’ll just go and get ready then I’ll meet you at the car?” He suggested, standing up from the chair.

“Sure.” I replied before I finishing my breakfast.

As soon as I’d finished breakfast, I said goodbye to mum then grabbed my bag and made my way out to the car where dad was waiting for me. When I got to the car, dad was already waiting in the driver seat. I got into the car and slammed the door behind me then I turned to face dad.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, I ready.” I nodded. I turned back to face the front of the car so I could look out the windscreen. I watched the scenery as we drove through out town towards school.

         Ignoring the looks I got from everyone as I passed them in the hallway, I continued my walk towards the cafeteria. It was now lunch time, the time everyone loved but the time I hated. As usual I made my way straight to the back table where no one sat. When I was about half way there, someone grabbed my arm pulling me to a stop. I span around only to see Zach staring down at me.

“I called your name but you never answered.” He said a frown on his face as he stared down at me.

“You did?” I asked. I kept my eyes on his mouth to make sure I could catch what he said next.

“I did. Can I sit with you again today?” He asked nodding down towards his tray. He already bought lunch?

“Erm, I guess so.” I said slowly. I turned around and continued walking towards the back of the hall; occasionally turning back to make sure Zach was still behind me.

We sat down at the table and he took the seat opposite. He didn’t start eating straight away like I expected him to. I turned my gaze from him and reached into my bag and pulled out my lunch.

“Maisie, there’s people pointing towards you and whispering.” Zach said once he got my attention.

“There is? Ignore them.” I mumbled opening my lunch and keeping my gaze on his face. Of course he’d point that out, why not.

“Ignore them? Are you just going to let them carry on with it?” He asked, clearly shocked.

“There not anything I can do, is there?” I replied. There wasn’t. They’d just laugh at me like they normally did.

“I can tell them to shut up. Hey, they’re scared of me anyway. I’m sure if I just tell them they’d not do it anymore.”

“Believe me, they would.” I sighed. He wasn’t going to drop this was he?

“I can say something to them, if-“ He started before I cut him off.

“No.” I said bluntly.

“Ok, sorry. Since its Thursday, does that mean studying is on tonight?” he asked.

“If it ok with you.”

“Yeah, definitely is. We can go to my house. I’ll meet you at the front doors when schools over?” He asked, finally starting his lunch.

“Yeah, ok,” I replied. “I just realised, where your friends?”

“They’re not meeting me today. They’re going out for lunch.” He smiled after swallowing his food.

“Oh.” Or maybe they just didn’t want to sit with me?

Picture of Dan

Vote, comment, follow?<3