“Fine.” He said and walked towards the door. “You really want to know why I never came after you father died? It’s because I see him in you. He was the only family I had left and…I just needed time to get over the fact that he’s gone.”

Before he started down the steps, I groaned internally and grabbed his arm. “Wait, Uncle Leo.”

He turned back to me with a sad look on his face.

I sighed, shutting the door close. “Okay. You can stay in the guest room for now.”

A large grin broke out onto his face and he almost knocked me over as he pulled me into a bear hug. “Thank you, Jen! I knew you’d say yes!”

“You…knew?” I asked growing more confused every second.  I pulled out of his arms. “Was this all a joke? Just so you can stay here?”

He shook his head, jumping onto the couch with a blissful sigh. “What I said was all true. But your dad always taught me when we were younger to be dramatic. He told me that it would get me far.”

I couldn’t help the smile the crept its way onto my face. That did sound like something he would say. “He did?”

“Hell yeah. He gave a lot of tips about life.” He said. “Even gave me the sex talk.”

“Must’ve been awkward.” I laughed.

“Yeah.” He agreed. “Where’s your mom? Still at the hospital?”

I shook my head. “She’s in her room. A couple months ago, the doctors said that they couldn’t keep her there any longer because she wasn’t showing any signs of improvement. So, I asked them to bring her here.” I explained. “They were at lease kind enough to give me the equipment and tips on how to keep her alive until she got better.”

Uncle Leo pulled himself off of the couch and came towards me. “Can I see her?”

“Of course.”

“She looks so peaceful.” Uncle Leo whispered from beside me.

I nodded and took a step towards the bed. “Hey mom, Leo came to see you.” I told her and kissed her forehead.

Uncle Leo looked a little awkward as he stood stiffly at the edge of her bed. He glanced at me. “Do I just…talk?”

I laughed. “Yeah. Duh.”

He rolled his eyes at me and looked at my mom. “Hey Elena. How’ve you been?”

I turned towards him and smiled. That just encouraged him to continue.

“You know what I can’t stop thinking about? How when you and Oliver first met eachother, he came home talking nonstop about you. It was pretty…well…annoying.”

I bumped my shoulders with him playfully, laughing. Even though he about a foot taller than me.

“He loved you at first sight. That’s what he told me.” He continued. “I was laughing at him the whole time, not believing a damn word he was saying. But it turned out to be true.”

I laughed again and when I did, Leo’s eyes snapped to my face. He frowned at me. “You’re crying.”

I brought a hand to my face and pulled it back to examine it. My fingers were black with my tear streaked makeup. Rubbing at my eyes frantically, I made my way into the bathroom. “Great. Now my make-up is ruined.” I said to my reflection in the mirror.

“You look like a monster.” Uncle Leo chuckled from behind me. “I swear, girls and their makeup…”

“Shut up.” I snapped, trying to reapply my makeup.

“Where are you going anyways? You’re wearing a dress.” He asked, gesturing to my dress.

“Out.”

His eyes lit up. “On a date?”

“It’s not really a date. My best friend Lei is going on a date and she doesn’t want to be alone, so I’m tagging along.” I explained.

“With a date…Or are you going to be a third wheel?”

“With a date. Just a guy named Daniel.” I said and that name alone made a blush come to my cheeks.  “Nobody special.” I said, seeming like I was trying to convince myself more than him.

“Sure.” He grinned. “I have a feeling you like Daniel.”

“No, I don’t.”

“Yes, you do.”

“No, I don’t.”

“Yes—“

“Shut up Uncle Leo!” I hissed at him and snorted. “You are totally like my dad.”

“You really think?” He suddenly asked softly as he took a seat on the bathroom counter.

When I finished my make up, I pushed it aside and took a seat beside him. “Yep. I know so. And when I get back, I want you to tell me more about my dad. That way, you can do something useful and not be a waste of space.”

He grinned at me and threw his arm across my shoulder, gripping me in a headlock. I laughed, trying to get out of his grip. “Jenna, how could you say that? I’m not a waste of space!”

________________________________________________

Blech!!!!!!!

Kinda iffy about this chapter. I don't like it too much.

But I sure do love Jensen Ackles. Yum xD