Chapter 21 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

     "You're so cute," he smirked. I rolled my eyes. He's such a little flirt.

     "Thanks?" I laughed. Why do they always call me 'cute'?

     "Have you thought about it?" he asked. I instantly knew he was talking about us dating. I haven't thought about it, though. I was so focused on Ray and homecoming and school.

     "No. This counts as a date, though, so..." I bit my lip, nervously. 

     "Keaton," he moaned. "Please?"

     "Kayla will hate me," I said. "They already think I'm a slut."

     "Well, you're not a slut. If you were, then you wouldn't be so well-liked by everyone in the school. And I wouldn't like you like this if you were."

     "They think I actually went out with Ray," I mumbled. "I can't believe I actually did that with Ray. Dumbest decision ever."

     "It was pretty dumb," he smirked. I hit him playfully. 

     "You're going to me feel even worse!" I pouted.

     "Maybe this will help," he said, closing his eyes and leaning in to kiss me. My lips were craving his kiss and I wasn't going to pass this one up. Our lips collided, and I instantly felt better.

     We opened our mouths at the same time and when his hand came in contact with my cheek, I wanted more. The electricity from his kiss was at an all-time high and I was so happy. His kiss was so compassionate and I really liked how he knew what type of kiss it would be depending on the situation.

     I couldn't keep kissing Noah like this when we weren't dating. I knew that he wanted me to date him and it started turning to that point where I wanted to date him, too. But I would have to wait, since everyone thought I just broke up with Noah. Maybe giving him a chance wouldn't be such a bad thing.

     I pulled away slowly, looking into his eyes. "I feel better now," I giggled. "And I have an answer to your question."

     "What is it?" He asked tracing my cheek with his thumb.

     "I'll go out with you," I answered, smiling. His smile turned into a grin. "In a week."

     "Why?" he asked, trying to hide his grin. "A week is so long."

     "Because I just broke up with Ray or whatever. I don't want the slut label," I explained. He looked at me and smirked.

     "The slut label is already taken, Keaton," he chuckled.

     "By who?"

     "Bailey. And Kayla, too," he laughed. I smiled at that.

     "Good point."

     He kissed me again, and slowly laid me down on the bed, and crawled on top. My heart was racing. He really wasn't trying this again, right? Even though I knew I couldn't do this, I just wanted him more and more. I pulled his head toward mine, so our lips were together, moving in synchronized motions.

     I continued to kiss him as I traced his abs. When his shirt was halfway up, my phone rang.

     I scrambled from under him, apologizing, and checked my phone. The rain stopped and my mom was asking me where I was. I checked the time. We had not been in his room for an hour! No way!

     "Well, the rain stopped, so I gotta go," I said, picking up my backpack.

     "Wait," he said when I began to walk to the door. "Are we dating?"