Chapter 14 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 14

"Okay, so, Ray doesn't have a date yet. Apparently, the one girl he's looking for is a junior."

"Who?"

"I don't know. It's probably Bailey or something. I mean, everyone knows her."

I nodded and bit my cheek.

"You really like Noah, don't you?" She asked sympathetically.

"I don't know," I answered. "I'm not sure if I do anymore."

"Just because he asked Kayla doesn't mean he's done with you forever. He's bound to come back to you. You could so tell that he's in love with you." I scoffed.

"I thought he loved Bailey from the looks he gave her, but then they broke up," I replied.

"Yeah, we all thought the same. He gives so many people that special look, but the looks he gives you are more genuine. Every single person in the school knows that he loves you," Hannah explained.

"Stop saying he loves me! Because if he loved me, he wouldn't play me," I snapped.

"He does, though."

"No, he doesn't."

"Yes!"

"No!"

Hannah's brother opened the door and peeped his head through.

"He's here," he told us. "And Hannah? You owe me."

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes and then got up from the armchair she was sitting on. "Come on, Keaton."

I lifted my self up and followed Hannah and her brother downstairs, where Ray was sitting on the couch on his phone.

"Go in the kitchen," her brother mouthed to us. We followed his instructions and sat in the kitchen.

"Are you nervous?" Hannah asked.

"No, why would I be? I'm not performing at the Super Bowl or anything."

"You're kinda sassy," Hannah chuckled.

"Thanks?" I laughed.

"Yeah, so did you ask anyone yet?" We heard Hannah's brother say as they walked closer to the kitchen.

"No, I'm planning on asking this girl. She's a junior though. But she is hot, dude."

"What's her name?"

"I think it's Katy or something. It starts with a 'K'. Noah was always talking about her to the football team."

Hannah's eyes widened as did mine. "What?!" She shrieked quietly.

"Why would Noah..." I trailed off when they entered the room. I immediately dismissed the thought, though, because it was before Noah ditched me, so he was definitely talking with his friends.

"I've seen her around sch-" Ray stopped when he saw me. "Hey, you're here?"

"No. I'm in Canada right now," I replied, sarcastically.

"You're the girl who rejected Johnson," he said, pointing at me.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Feisty. I like it," he smirked. He looked even better with a smirk smeared on his face.

"Is that a compliment?" I asked. He smirked some more and nodded his head.

"Well, we are just going to leave you guys alone for now..." Hannah said, grabbing her brother and tugging him out of the room.