Chapter 6 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 6

     "The dress..." she gasped. "You look amazing."

     I smiled shyly at her compliment. "Thanks, Bailey."

     "Go, turn around. Look at yourself in the mirror. You'll be so surprised." Bailey suggested, pointing at the full-body mirror behind me in the changing room. I turned and saw myself.

     At this moment I hated my self. Not because I looked ugly, but because I thought I looked like the most beautiful girl that entered this store. I hated being cocky like that. I didn't want to feel like some conceited brat here. I smiled at myself and turned side-to-side to try and see what it all looked like. The bottom of the dress flowed nicely around my legs. I loved it.

     "No offense, but I really didn't think you could pull that off. But, girl, you certainly can! Hey, you know what would go well with that?" Bailey said, as I turned around to face her.

     "What?" 

     "A cute little vest. I think I know a store that has them, so come on. Get changed and then give me the dress so I can pay and then we can get outta here!" Bailey exclaimed and then closed the curtain for me. When I was out of the dress, I threw it over the top. Bailey caught it and went to pay for it.

     I got changed back into my outfit, then exited the room. There was a long line of people at the register and Bailey was almost at the front. I went up to meet with her when a mean lady said, "Hey, what are you doing? Back of the line!"

     "I'm with this girl," I said, pointing at Bailey. The lady rolled her eyes and then went back to her business. Bailey was giggling when I caught up to her.

     "What an idiot," she muttered, while still giggling. 

     Finally, we reached the register. I offered to pay for the dress, but Bailey refused. She had her debit card out faster than I could even reach my wallet, so she had won this time. I promised her that I would pay next time and she just rolled her eyes. We exited the store and went off to find the vest she was talking about.

     We entered a big store, and then went on searching for the vest.

     After searching for a few minutes, I heard:

     "Hey!"

     I looked up to see Bailey holding up a nice vest that would go with my dress perfectly. I grinned and made my way towards her. I was surprised she found it as fast as she did.

     "This is it!" She exclaimed, while holding it up to me.

     "It's cute! Let's get it." I said, but then realized something. "I need shoes!"

     Bailey made her mouth into in 'o' and then gave me one stern nod. She handed the vest to me and went off somewhere. I didn't know where she went, and I tried following her, but she was literally running. I knew I would find her again somehow, and I did.

     After searching for five minutes, I finally found Bailey. She waved me over and showed me shoes that she would want me to wear. They were wedges, tall wedges. The bottoms had that weird cork stuff, but the tops were white to go along with my dress. I tried them on, but really didn't like the height of them. So she decided that sandals were best for me, then. Instantly she found some. I put them on and needed a size smaller. The store's shoes ran pretty big.

     We walked together to the register and this time I bought the items, not Bailey. After that, we left the mall and were driving on the road. 

     "Hey, you should come over to my house and I could help you get ready. I'll invite the other girls over, too. Hannah is amazing at makeup, Kayla is great with hair, and Andrea can do nails like nobody's business. We all have our little talents."