Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I shivered as the cold breeze blew across my face. Watching the door of Laura’s house I waited patiently for Michael. I knew that he was here; I could sense his aura a mile away. Even though my powers have seemed to be failing me, I still could pick up hints of different spirits here and there.

My fingers were tightened around the gun I had taken from Lucifer. I smiled. He didn’t appreciate me taking his gun or following him into the war. Well I wasn’t going to be listening to him for a while, not until I got answers that I so desperately sought.

“Spying on your boyfriend?”

I spun around and narrowed my eyes in dislike. Alexandra was standing before me with her red hair wild and untamed much like she was. Her brown eyes were burning with anger and loathing, she still hadn’t found a reason to be civil with me.

“What are you doing here?” I demanded.

She grinned maliciously, “Oh you know, the routine check-ups on our borders, looking for any angels”.

I frowned, “Don’t think of taking me in”.

She rolled her eyes, “Do you think that badly of me?”

“Why not?” I asked her with a shrug.

She sighed before leaning against the brick wall of the house which lied behind us, “Look Eve, you may be stealing the one person I actually care about but whatever I like your rebellious streak”.

I frowned, “The one person you care about?”

She scowled, “Don’t play dumb Evelyn”.

I smiled before hiding it with a confused frown, “No whatever do you mean?”

She groaned out loud, “Oh for Satan’s sake! Why do you have to be this annoying?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. Why do you have to be in love with a demon?”

“Why do you?” she retorted.

I looked away, “I’m not”.

“Don’t lie to me. I’ve seen how you looked at him, how he looks at you. The shared kisses, and don’t say it’s an angel thing to do because sweetie I was once an angel and I know all your tricks,” she responded.

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore,” I replied spotting Michael finally emerge out of the house.

Alexandra tensed up next to me, “Is that…Archangel Michael?”

I rolled my eyes, “I thought you knew all my tricks?”

She glared at me, “Don’t be a pain in my ass Evelyn”.

I shrugged, “Well don’t act like you haven’t seen Brother Michael before”.

Alexandra shot me a look, “Brother?”

My brows furrowed in confusion, “Yes, that’s what angels call him”.

She snorted, “He is so not your brother Eve, trust me”.

I suddenly turned to look at her. Jillian, Lucifer’s grandmother had said that if Lucifer didn’t tell me about my real father then Alexandra would, which could only mean that Alexandra knew about my past and my role in this whole war.

“Do you know who my father is?” I asked.

She sighed, “I know who your mother is”.

I raised my eyebrows, I never met my mother before, and all I knew was her name. Elizabeth.