Chapter 6 - The truth about heroes

"I am Groot"

~ Groot

:Aden:

It was Tuesday afternoon when I finally caught up with Oliver Storm.

You see on Monday I was still freaking out, so I did not contact Oliver. This morning I was still in shock, so I did nothing. It was only after school that I was able to gather up the nerve to go and see if Oliver could keep his promise that he would help if anything weird happened after the accident. I didn't know what some popular junior could do to help me with whatever was happening, but I hoped it was good.

"Umm . . . Oliver?" I asked, catching up with him outside after school.

He turned around, surprise on his face. "Yeah? You need anything, Aden?"

Wow, I'm surprised he remembered my name.

"Actually, yes. You remember how you said to come to you if anything out of the ordinary happened after the accident? Well, something kind of happened."

He narrowed his eyes, curious. "What kind of thing happened?"

"Well," I paused, trying to think of a good way to say the truth without sounding crazy, "You know how the administrators are trying to find out the kid who broke the sink in the boy's bathroom? Well, it was me."

Oliver's face fell. "Look, Aden, when I told you that you could come to me if something strange happened after your accident, I didn't mean if you got angry and smashed a sink with something heavy-"

"That's the thing." I cut him off. "I did it with my bare hands. Do I look like the kind of kid who can break a sink in two with his bare hands?"

Oliver suddenly got interested again. His eyes brightened and he looked me over. "Has anything else like this happened since the accident?"

"Well, I carried a forty pound box like it weighed nothing. I also accidently broke my mother's favorite statue on the front lawn. I kind of was testing my own strength and punched it in two. She thinks some burglar broke it for fun."

"I think I have something to show you. Would you mind coming back to my work with me? There's something I have that I think might help you out." Oliver offered.

"Really? You know what's happening? You aren't just pranking me?"

He chuckled, "No, I am not pranking you. C'mon."

We walked over to his car, which was in the senior parking lot. Oliver might not have been a senior, but everyone treated him like one. Normally any car in the senior parking lot not belonging to a senior would be egged, but not Oliver's.

His car wasn't expensive, like most in the lot, but it wasn't trashy. It looked just like another random car you'd see in the DC traffic, nothing flashy or memorable.

We got in and he started driving. I was confused because he was heading towards the eastern parts of DC, which were not exactly what you would call the rich neighborhoods. In fact, that was one of the worst parts of DC, why would an Eldredge kid be going in the opposite direction of his patron rich neighborhoods?

"Umm, Oliver?"

"Yes?"

"Why are we heading towards East DC?"

"I said we were going to my workplace, which just happens to be right below the apartment building in which I live."

"You live in southeast DC?"

"Yes. I am a scholarship kid, if you must know. Full ride to Eldredge Academy. My place of work is the Comic Book Shop, which isn't too bad if I had to say so myself."