Chapter 3 - Delinquents are actually good?

"People of this city will die because something I did. I started this. You have to let me stop it."

~ Kara Danvers (Supergirl)

:Oliver:

"You can stop suffocating me now, mother."

Sharon Storm responded by hugging me even tighter. I might've been a super, but I did not have resilience against pain, or indestructibility.

"You are hurting me mother." I squeezed out.

She buried her head in my neck and did something between a sob and a sigh. "I just don't want to let go, Boo. What if I never get to see my baby again? I couldn't help but to think that the last time I saw you would be when we fought this morning. I didn't want my baby boo to die thinking I hated him."

My mother was a bit of a Remedist, though I usually blamed that on her boyfriend, and my boss, Chad Hunter.

We had a fight about politics, if you could believe it or not. She thought that the super codex was a good thing for society. That way we could keep track of villains like Andromeda, who had kidnapped my girlfriend the night before. I argued that villains wouldn't just willingly give their name up to the authorities. I mean – villains don't get caught for a reason.

I also reminded her that the policy the Remedist wanted to enact where supers have to wear dog tags to show that they are supers sounded a bit too familiar. Hitler made the Jews where yellow stars. He also made them a scape goat for all of Germany's problems, kind of like how Richard Head, the spokesman and leader of the Remedist Party, was doing with the supers.

Not all supers were bad.

I ended up storming out without saying goodbye. There weren't exactly rooms to hide in at our apartment. Mom's bedroom was separate, though small. The bathroom was connected to her bedroom and the kitchen and living room were kind of one and the same. We weren't exactly what you would call rich.

"It's okay, mom, really." I assured her, hoping to disentangle myself from her grip.

She finally let me go, her face wet from tears and her mascara running. I was sure there was a huge dark splotch on my white school shirt where she had been crying.

Detective Pearson walked up to us and gestured for us to follow him back into his office. He was probably going to ask questions about the kidnapping, but I knew my mom was never going to leave my side.

"Alright, son," he started, closing the door behind us and siting down his chair, "what do you remember about the initial kidnapping and afterwards?"

I shrugged. "Not much. The men must've stopped Ian's car somehow, I don't know how. They ripped open the door and wrenched us out. Black bags were pulled over our heads, our arms tied behind our backs, and a needle stuck in my neck. I assumed it was supposed to knock us out, because the next thing I knew, I woke up next to Ian in the back of that warehouse. About ten minutes later, Delinquent showed up and kicked ass. She untied us and disappeared as soon as you all showed up. There was nothing really to it."

"And she didn't say exactly how she found you?" he urged.

I was dumbfounded. How had she found us?

"No."

He sighed and leaned back in his chair. "We got a tip about your location from an anonymous caller claiming to be Delinquent. We would've ignored it if it hadn't been for the fact that the warehouse she claimed you were in was owned by Victor Rodriguez, a known Remedist activist against the Democratic Party and the Secretary of State, Miss Sarah Thompson, herself. What we want to know is how she knew where you two were. Our best analysts couldn't trace the ransom call, and we had absolutely no solid leads."