The Short Truth

AN: HEY GUYS. SO HERES A SHORT CHAPPIE SINCE IM NOT FINALLY FINISHED WITH THE OTHER ONE YET. I WANTED TO GIVE YOI GUYS SOMETHING IN THE MEANWHILE BECAUSE IM ALL BUSY. I HAVE TESTS AND PAPERS AND YEAH SO I WROTE THIS LITTLE SHORT THING. I KNOW ITS NOT MUCH BUT ITS SOMETHING. SO ENJOY.

----------

***Harrys POV***

I stuck around for another fifteen minutes, just in case. I know it's a bit odd, but it was more weird for her to just take off and drop Emma at her friends. A huge part of me did know and believe she was job hunting, she had explained how she wanted to-eventually when Charlie was home and better- leave and buy her own small flat for her and Emma. She felt that she was a burden. She also wanted to baptize Emma before it was too far in and she wants to do so much. But she's been off since yesterday. I mean, it couldn't have been that she, saw ? Nah, I highly doubt that was it. But I was just curious, so I stuck around to see if I saw anything odd. I finally took off, heading down the main road past all of the shoppes. Turning the knob on the radio, I glanced to my sides before focusing on the road. I quickly did a retake to my right, where the coffee shop is. There in the big window was Rosie, with Zayn? Confused as what she was doing, I pulled over towards the left side, staying far. She looked annoyed as ever as he spoke. I pulled out my cell from the cup holder, dialing her number and holding it on speaker till she picked up. One, two, three rings go by before she sends it to voice mail. I try once more, only for her to pick up on the second ring, taking me by surprise. "Hold on," she speaks lightly, as I watch her stick up her index finger to Zayn before excusing herself and walking out of the shop. I step my foot on the gas, slowly moving the car up a bit to get out of the view. "Hello?" She speaks softly. "Hey," I reply, unsure what the hell I was gonna even say. "What's up, is everything okay?" She asks, swaying back and forth. "Yeah, um uh," I stuttered, "just wanted to see how job hunting was going," I blurted out, mentally slapping myself. "It's good, I'm actua-" she starts. Before she finishes, a knock erects from the window. "Harry?!" She shouts, her hands resting on the side of the car. I felt my face redden and my eyes damn ready to pop out. "What are doing here?" She asked, looking back at the shop to make sure Zayn wasn't aware. I sighed, my hands wiping over my face before replying, "you seemed off Rosie," I unbuckled myself so I could shift and turn towards her. "I wanted to make sure everything was okay, then..." I trailed off. "Then?!" She exclaimed, glancing around once more before popping into the passenger seat so she was no longer in the street. "I saw you with Zayn, and I wanted to know why. I thought maybe I did something wrong. That's why you said it was job hunting, so you could come here and meet him. You could've just told me the truth Rosie." She looked shocked. Her jaw opened as her cheeks reddened. "You really think I'd leave a perfect day with you to come here with him!?" She asks, putting an emphasis on him to speak about Zayn. I shrugged my shoulders, watching as her eyebrows furrowed in as she looked hurt. "Look Harry," she said lowly. "I came here because Zayn texted me saying he wanted to talk," she began. "So why couldn't you just say that, love?" I ask, pinning my index finger below her chin to lift her face. "Because," she replied, her gaze looking everywhere but me. "What?" I ask once more, removing my finger and waiting. "Because Harry, I don't wanna fucking see Zayn. But I needed to talk to him so I thought it'd be better to let it play out," she said a little higher. "Talk to him about what?" I pushed, I thought she had never even met him, so why in the world would she need to talk to him. "Because of Emma," she responded lowly. "Emma?" I asked confusingly, my face scrunching up. She nodded, once again taking her gaze off of me. "Why Emma. What happened to her!?" I asked concerned. "Nothing Harry, she's fine," she sighed. "Then why would you have to talk to him about Emma?" I laughed, placing my hand over hers. "Because... she's his child Harry," she replied in a even lower tone than she's been speaking in. "His..kid?" I asked, watching her nod. I felt my heart begin to race as I took in the new information. I removed my hand from hers, shifting back into facing forward. "I think it's best you go," I said lowly, wanting to be alone to process what I had just heard. "Zayns waiting for you," I added. "Harry please, it was a while ago, before you guys, before I met you," she said, putting her hand on my forearm. "Rosie please," I asked, keeping my focus ahead. She sighed, removing her hand and unlocking her side of the door. "I'm sorry Harry. I honestly didn't plan to tell you this way," she said before finally fully getting out and heading back towards the coffee shop. As soon as she entered the shop my fists met the steering wheel about a good three or four times. After getting myself together I finally took off.