5. - Let's Start A Riot

Start from the beginning

I asked the men, if they would want a coffee also, but they refused. I sat down on the couch, took my nerdy glasses and put them on, so I could read my new book. It was one, my mom gave to me. “Pet Sematary” from Stephen King.

I heard a hawk from behind. “Ma’am, we’re ready.”

“Oh, thank you,” I said and was scared if I had to pay for their work. As if the old man could read my mind he told me it was already paid. I accompanied them to the door, gave the cutie a smile and closed the door. I went back and got into my book.

I started screaming, when there was a hand on my shoulder. I throw the book, it almost hit Peanut, who jumped up. I couldn’t stop screaming and looked shocked at the owner of the hand.

“You scared me to hell, you dirty bastard,” I said when I calmed down a little.

“Why you’re reading such books, if you can’t handle them?” He asked, but I ignored it.

“Your fuckin’ bed is in your room. Oh and I almost forgot, Peanut got injured, while he had left the apartment, ‘cause I was so taken by surprise ‘bout men in the apartment, that I forgot he could…” I stopped as I noticed he didn’t listen to me anymore. He was at Peanut’s side and looked at his bandage. “It’s nothing dramatic, he just tapped into a thorn and it cost me far too much for the doctor to remove it,” I said, when I was sure he would listen. With Peanut on his arms he looked for his new furniture.

“Sorry Peanut, nothing for you,” I heard him say and then a loud groan. I followed him and saw Johnny on his bed. “Hey, move aside,” I said, before I joined him. “I’m in heaven! I’m not leaving this place today,” I said.

“Okay, what ‘bout that, I’ll get some food, you put fresh linen on the bed and then we’ll watch a movie, littl’ nerd,” he suggested and I agreed.

Half an hour later, he had grabbed something from the Chinese shop down the street and I had made his bed and also cleaned up a bit. Peanut was adequately supplied so we laid down and zapped through the television. There was nothing so I told him I would grab a DVD. “I don’t watch a schmaltzy flick,” he yelled. I grabbed one of my favorite DVD’s and when the opening was shown I saw he was satisfied with my choice.

We watched ‘Inglorious Bastards’ and ate our food. I stopped the movie, so I could bring the dirty dishes outside. I knew they would lay here weeks. I opened a bottle of wine, took two glasses and came back.

One I pressed Johnny’s hand and kept the other. I lifted his arm and snuggled up to him. He fondled my arm.

“Need some share of kindness and affection, uh?” he asked.

“I’m a girl, I always need some,” I told him. True, true. When I was home I always had my little niece I could cuddle the whole day. Here I was alone.

Then there was this scene, where the Bastards took the scalps from the dead men and I jerked. “You’re quiet jumpy today.”

“Yeah, think, it’s not my day,” I said while he stroked my goose bump on my forearm. At this moment his cell phone started ringing and I jerked again. He laughed silently, but his stomach was shaking.

“Hey V, what’s up?” I heard him say. I couldn’t hear what Zacky said. “No, just having a bed warming party with my lady,” he said and I decided to join in.

“Put away your phone, Honey. I need you right here,” I said loud enough to hear and took the phone from his hand and pressed the red button. We laughed and a minute later the phone ringed again. I still had it in my hands so I answered it. “Who’s bothering?” I asked bugged.