Sequence V, Chapter 2: Neo - Mind Link

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I see you're still angered by me leaving you on that ship. I do apologize, but Neo was with you all along, so there was no need for me risking myself. Besides, you've managed to even save some of them, as expected from you, Y/N."

You sighed, which was a bad move as Neo shoved more ice cream in your mouth. Shay chuckled as he moved towards you.

"So, mind explaining where I am?" You asked, Shay taking a seat on the side of the bed.

"We're in Vale. More specifically, headquarters." Shay answered.

"Oh, right. As if I don't know that already."

Shay chuckled, but his face turned serious fast.

"Y/N, we're going on with a plan called 'Mind link' and we will need you in top shape for that to work, considering your injuries, it won't take more than a month to heal."

"A month? I feel fine already."

"Oh, forgive me. Your bandages and wounds are stating otherwise. Come on, then?"

"All right, I get your point." You relented. Neo had finished her tub of ice cream and has disposed of it in the wall.

"Seriously?" You asked.

She shrugged, and turned for the refrigerator again, but you grabbed her shoulder.

"Enough ice cream, Neo."

Shay laughed and he stood from his seat and walked towards the door. He turned, his hand of the door knob.

"I'll let you rest for now, if there is anything you need, anything at all! Feel free to ask me." With that, he closed it, leaving Neo and you alone, again.

Neo scribbled on the notebook again and showed you what she wrote.

You do know that this is my bedroom, right?

"Wait, really? What? Why?"

She scribbled again, this time seemingly longer.

I was the one who had bought you here after you had passed out in the ship. While those huntresses were busy getting help, I snuck you out and here you are. In my bed.

You saw that Neo was slowly turning red as you read it.

"Explains the refrigerator in the wall, as well as the fancy bed and stuff. Right, I'll be on my way." You attempted to get up, but pain shot through your body as well as Neo pushing you back down. You winced in pain and shot a questioning look at Neo.

Neo went to writing as you examined your wounds. Your right hand was bandaged, and you could feel that most of your body was as well. Neo showed you her notebook.

Don't move! You're way too injured. Curse that Yang. I'll just sleep elsewhere. Rest for now.

You felt a little guilty for stealing Neo's bed, but you could not help it.

"Neo, I promise that I'll move out once I'm able to actually move."

She nodded and walked towards the door. She opened it and waved a goodbye before closing it. You sat in darkness, contemplating your current situation. It wasn't long before sleep took hold of you.