2.Trapped

The prison they were sending her to, was the most secure in the whole of Telian.

She would be the only female out of the 43 inmates she was going to share it with.

The guard hurried her out of the cart that she'd spent the last four days in as the traveled south, across the river of Rok and further away form her home town of Glagharrow as she'd ever been.

The journey had been rough, not least because the roads were badly paved.

She had been sitting in her own filth for most of the trip, due to the fact that they denied her a bucket. At first she had tried to keep her 'buiness' in the corner, but what with all the twists and turns in the road...
Well that plan had not worked.

She was wearing a pair of cotton trousers and a loose shirt, both of which had been white at the start of her ride.

Now they were both an off brown colour.

And she smelt. Badly, she assumed, from the way the guard scrunched his nose. The grimace on his face told her the worst of it though she could not smell it her self, because she had become accustomed to it.

He pushed her forward, making her stumble slightly. She felt anger rise up within her, she wanted to turn around and hit the man in the face as hard as she could.

But the journey had drained her strength, and even if she wanted to, thick, steel cuffs on her wrists inhibited her movements.

The Prison, in its own right, was well built, She had to admit. With its high stone walls, built up by hand. There were three watch towers at three of the four corners and she could just about see within the first wall, another slightly lower one, with spikes laid on the top. They definitely weren't for keeping people out.

She was pushed in through the main gate, which was immediately shut behind them. Two more guards, with sword strapped to there sides like the first, walked up to her and grabbed her arms.

She was then walked in to a smaller room just off to the right.

"Strip." One of the guards said in a bored tone. She didn't move.

"Did I not make my self clear!" The man yelled.

Lilian slowly, very slowly started to pull the shirt over her head.

The man moved forward and without warning riped the item from her skin.

Her trousers went next and she was standing there naked. The second guard looked away slightly embarrassed by the sight.

Lilian clenched her jaw and covered herself with her hands though this was hard with the cuffs on. The first man picked up a bucket of water from the corner and threw it over her.

It was bitingly cold. The icy water ran down her skin creating rivers in the dirt and waste covering her.

She flinched slightly, the only thing keeping her from shouting out was the fact that she could probably kill both these men.

With her bare hands.

She looked at the metal circling her wrists and huffed in fustration.

The man chucked her a cloth. "Wash." He comanded.

She looked at the cloth hesitantly, wondering how many other people had cleaned them selves with it.

"Or I can do it for you," He added with a smirk.

Creep.

She started to scrub at her dirty skin washing away the earth and with it, the memory of the long trip.

She had stayed cooped up in that cart with only darkness and a mouthful of water a day.

The second guard left the room, she watched him. "Don't get any ideas." The first said, drawing his blade.

As if that would deter her.

She continued to 'wash' herself as best as she could, with the dirt clogged rag, and after around five minutes later the guard came back carrying a set of black clothes.

"They're the smallest we have," He mumbled, not making eye contact with the naked lady in front of him.

He took a step forward and undid the cuffs encircling her wrists.

Lilian grabed the clothes from him and hurriedly pulled them over herself. The fabric was rough and the fibers were stiff but it gave her a little warmth. And some of her dignity.

Then she was marched out again, and down a corridor with cells lining the sides.

She was taken to one at the far end and pushed in. Shutting the heavy metal door behind her the guard went back to there stations.

She looked around her new home, the walls were made of square, matt grey tiles. The floor was made of the same, stone like material.

There was a thin bed against one side with an even thinner blanket and a toilet oposite. Both were an off-white colour.

So this was where she was ment to be spending the next ten years of her life. Well if Lilian didn't want to escape then, she definitely did now.