Chapter XII

C H A P T E R XII:
*Edited*

"Why are you both doing here? Did the clowns recruited you both to the freak show and I'm invited to see?" I sat down on the leather couch and stared up at them.

Kelly rolled her eyes at me. "Funny. Very funny but no, Chandler just wants to ask you something." They sat with me on the leather couch.

Chandler has been quiet since I got here. He has been looking at Kelly the whole time I was talking. He wasn't like that when he was at the library with his brother Chase and texting on his phone.

"Ask her or I just wasted my precious time driving you here." Kelly said annoyed.

"Geez, Kel. Calm your hormones down." Chandler said. Finally, he spoke out from his mouth. 

I giggled by that comment and Kelly rolled her eyes at Chandler. "That's not even funny." She stood up, leaving me and Chandler alone.

He gently touched the top of my hand and smiled. Not again. "I know it's the middle of September but the school is already preparing a party for next month on Halloween. I was wondering if you will be willing to be my date? On the Halloween party." I stared at Kelly and she shrugged her shoulders, like she doesn't know what to say. What a bitch!

I slowly took my hand back from his hands. I looked straight at him, "I don't think so. Um...you know who be willing to go with you, Ms. McCoy the mole lady. She's definitely single and loves teens like you."

"Hell no. That lady has more than one mole in her body. Are you crazy?" I saw Kelly giggling behind Chandler.

"Look, ask someone else. I am not interested. Sorry but no." I showed them the entrance door. Kelly left first. Chandler stayed looking at me with a sadden expression and emerged out and I closed the door behind me.

"Uncle Ezac?" I went in to the kitchen where he was scooping out vanilla from the bucket of ice cream.

"What did they want from you?" He poured a bunch of chocolate syrup on top of the vanilla ice cream.

"Nothing. Just a silly question but I refused it. How's the ice cream?" I said, just admiring the bowl of ice cream.

"Just needs slices of bananas but later. Hey Jam-Jam, I have some good and bad news." 

"Good news, please." I told him still staring at the ice cream in front of me.

"Bad news first." He said placing the two bowls full of ice cream in the freezer. "Well, your parents called me today and they're visiting us, especially you tomorrow in the afternoon. So please behave."

I'm surprised that my own parents called today. I don't know if I want to see them. It's been a while that I haven't seen them. Besides, I feel relax and happy that I'm here with my uncle and maybe, my I-don't-know-if-they-even-my-friends but they sound great people to be around sometimes. And with Mr. Campbell is my favorite guy to talk to and comfortable to be around with.

"Good news." I said.

"I have made our favorite dinner, which is mac-and-cheese with fried fish sticks." He stirred the macaroni noodle with the cheese inside.

"You're cooking?" I said shocked to see him cooking. I sometimes would see and smell burned food that are maybe, hard to cook but I guess this is easy for him to do.

"Yeah. I hope made this right," we chuckled and he served me first with the plate of fish sticks and mac-and-cheese.

I took a bite from the macaroni-cheese and it tasted great and even the fish sticks.

"Not bad, Ezac." I told him.

Monday Morning

At English class I was and today I was quiet, just listening to Mr. Campbell and students from behind me arguing and talking with each other about stupid things.

I just sighed.

"Alright listen up. The weeks has already passed. I am ready to know what you did to your duo projects," Mr. Campbell continued on, "first of with Mr. Payne and Mr. Rivera come in front of the class." Hunter and Sebastian both stood up facing us not speaking at all.

"Where is the project you guys made?" Mr. Campbell asked, just trying to figure out what's the deal with Hunter and Sebastian.

Hunter faked coughed and looked at Sebastian, "we did not do it, sir." 

"And why not?" Mr. Campbell stared at them with an angry face.

Sebastian said, "busy with things, sir."

Mr. Campbell looked at me and then at the students. He stood up, placing his hands in his front pockets and glared at every each students from this classroom

"Ok. Who did the project?" Everybody became silent, even the students that were talking and being annoying behind me were silent. No noise what so ever.

"Wow." I looked at his eyes. I saw how devastated he is with all us, "you all didn't do the projects. I am really disappointed with all of you guys. Now...how can I grade you guys for this semester?"

Kelly said, "I was wondering and thinking, if we all could do a play at the auditorium."

"Which story?" Campbell questioned.

"It has to be a really popular play. Like...Romeo and Juliet or...Snow White and the seven dwarfs." Bella responded smiling.

"Well...maybe it could be something that everyone will love and...that it will never be forgotten." Hunter and Sebastian went back to their own seats.

Mr. Campbell continued on, "since all of you did not do the project that I asked for. Maybe I could make a little assignment. If all of you find a famous play and participate on it, then all of you get 'A' plus for the whole semester." The bell rang and I went to the next class with Hunter.

Lunch Time

"Hey," Hunter said sitting in front of me with his lunch bag.

"Hey." I chewed and swallowed my grapes.

"So...I was thinking that maybe we could go to that Halloween party next month. How about it?" Hunter took a bite of his half burned cheese sandwich.

"You know, Chandler asked me as well and I turned him down. Since you're my friend maybe I could with you." I said chewing my grapes.

Look, Chandler can be sweet, a hunk and sexy guy but I don't like a guy that I barely know. I mean, you would probably say that, that's how I met Mr. Campbell but Chandler it's a bit strange and weird when he's around me.

He smiled, "alright. How you been? I haven't seen you lately."

"I know it's been a while." I told him.