Boarding Australia

Tegan's P.O.V
October 2013

~~~

"Oh, Tegan come here!" Adelaide holds her arms out for me.

I walk into them, wrapping my arms around her. She rests her chin on my head, running her fingers through my hair. I pull away, giving her a smile.

"Thanks for taking care of me," I tell her.

"Are you trying to make me cry?" She playfully hits my arm.

"Tink!" Pepper's voice yells for me.

I turn around, facing the twee girl, a sad expression we covering her face.

"Do you have to leave?"

"Awe, Pepper please don't be sad." I bend down, reaching her level. "Let's take a picture,"

Adelaide snaps a photograph of us holding each other tightly on my disposable camera.

Romeo takes his time saying his farewells to his siblings and Adelaide. I feel sympathetic for him leaving his siblings behind. I'm sure with the situation of their mum he feels a bit guilty.

I think deep down though, he taking this opportunity for them, not really himself. I get the immense sense he wants to give back to her and give everything he can to them.

Gulliver, Essex and Pepper cry while latching on to him. Somehow, he remains incredibly strong.

Eventually, we have to get to our flight. Rolling our suitcases behind us, we begin to go.

"Bye Tink, bye Ro!" I hear their little voices call in unison.

We walk for a few minutes in silence, going through security and finding out loading area.

"Why do they call you Tink?" He asks, sitting in a cushioned chair next to me.

"Tegan means 'darling' while watching Peter Pan, Wendy's last name is Darling. It was just a bit of a joke that I was like Tinker Bell, the lads were the Lost Boys. It just stuck." I explain, a grin creeping on my face.

I glance over at him and notice him rubbing his eyes. He nods slightly, looking away from me. I look down at the carpet, clasping my own hands together.

~~~

"Dear me,

The flight to Sydney, Australia was absolutely massive. In total, the flight it twenty three hours.

On the way, we spent the night in the airport. Of course, the lads's would've booked us a hotel or whatnot. Romeo and I just took our sleeping bags, found a safe place next to the guards, staff and cameras, then slept pretty peacefully actually.

Some airports don't permit you to sleep in them, luckily we were in one that allowed. I used my duffle bag as a pillow to ensure that no one would steal it.

Being in the airport alone with Romeo was kinda nice. We ate breakfast together the next morning and visited the stores. It felt easy to talk to him.